Just returned after a FEW YEARS and

Same old thing. Bronze and silver players are just completely optimized while playing against you. Zero chance for new or unskilled players to have fun. Every game a loss.
I don’t even care if you call it ‘wood’…there needs to be lower tiers. Not everyone has their build orders, timings, scouting all perfected. But even in silver and bronze you are getting abused if you dont.

I probably won’t read any replies to this post, and I probably wont be back to ladder either. Probably ever this time.

Such as easy fix…and such a glaring problem imo.

i editied the post to say, sometimes people who are low skilled…and there are lot of us, want to face against another PERSON…and have a chance.

that is all.

Bronze and silver optimized XD

11 Likes

True bronze and silver players don’t have an optimized playstyle ; if you find players that have both significantly superior macro and micro compared to your league’s average, it’s that they’re smurfs. You’ll find more info about them on the linked thread.

Believe me, I coached a bit a silver played of my clan recently, and even with me offracing for the first time with his own race he never saw the light. Which means real silvers still have the issues of silver players. Look at the issues in your play, get coached by friendly players if you’re having trouble spotting them, that should help you “optimizing” your own play. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I mean how does adding another 10 tiers of league help you win or create a person that is at your level? It’s still MMR. You lose enough you will hopefully run into someone of your skill level.

1 Like

We talking about bronze?XD

It wouldn’t. The problem here isn’t to get the MMR to be low enough for everyone to find its match in terms of skills. The system already does that, whatever league you would start at.

The issue is how to deal with users deliberately lowering their MMR in order to troll lowleagues. And at the moment, we, regular players, must deal with the issue ourselves.

Yes we are. Everyone has started as a beginner, and the fact some did forget it and only care about themselves, doesn’t change that newbies have a right to play normal games, and they have a right to play it as casual as well. Not everyone plays this game with a surpassing oneself mindset, some people just want to have fun and discover RTS.

1 Like

There’s no such thing as scout or build orders in bronze or silver, maybe you will find some cheeser who will do a poor build and the cheese timing completely wrong, the rest of the players will randomly build stuff.If you see a proper build, then you are playing against a smurf plyer, which is probably rare.
That’s why climbing in starcraft is easy, learn the cheeses, learn how to stop them while playing safely and your mmr will rise up in no time.Just having a bit of knowledge about 2 base eco and cheeses and you will get out from silver with ease.

u make good points here and I have to agree. I submit to blizzard an apm cap in lower skilled leagues to prevent trolling and smurfing which is a huge issue in my opinion.

I have to admit 1 v 1 ladder is my least enjoyable game mode. cheers m8

Someone has to be the absolute worst player in Starcraft 2… congratulations! lol

1 Like

what do u mean in this post its not clear to me?

what about silver players who legit have 250+ apm?

How delusional are you people do you rly think that having fun in game is after loong and depressing day at job to come home sit at ure pc and beg someone to teach you or pay him to learn how to be good at certain game and “maybe” that will enable you to win here and there.

No mate that is not fun, fun is playing game and here and there win something and sometimes punch back even in loosing games but not here only with this game…

The greatest teacher is failure, but you have to be able to see and understand what needs to change.

We’re here to help.

Post your replays here in the forum so that we can see and provide feedback.

1 Like

and some people enjoy getting feedback from people who are more experienced at the game so they can learn faster. Some people prefer to do the exploration themselves while some want to avoid re-inventing the wheel and just learn from others. There’s nothing wrong with either.

If you want to do whatever you want and still win you either need to play against someone at your level (MMR takes care of that) or just against AI of the appropriate difficulty choice. I don’t know why you are so disturbed by people coaching/getting coached, especially when “coaching” can be as simple as having someone reviewing a replay and point out what he believes are mistakes.

3 Likes

That’s called spamming. That’s a good way to get beaten by players with 2.5x less APM, IMO.

Sure. I’m not certain where you did read in my message that fun was the primary aim of coaching, though ? :laughing:

Anyway, personally I do find my fun in working on my skills/strategies, and putting them at test in tough games played against players of level similar to slightly higher than mine. Not sure where you’re seeing the delusion here. =p

I meant that players who scorn beginners have forgotten they too have been beginners once. And so that’s a selfishness issue.

That’s either a spammer or a smurfer. The former is not an issue and the latter is more rare than people perceive.

1 Like
  1. You can always play COOP to get back your mechanics - can help a lot.
  2. Your mmr probably got reset so you might have played against gold/plat/lowdiamond players. If you keep playing more games, you will get better matches.

I really recommend playing COOP though (if you can win on brutal, you’re more than ready for ladder).

Option nr. 3) would be to watch vibelol’s BtGM video series and play vs. the A.I. for a bit and then get into ladder.

1 Like

All I am suggestion is an apm cap per level as a more balanced way to separate players or even epm then.

Think about it how koool would it be to play a gm restricted to 50 apm , epm.

it would prevent trolling and smurfing from new accounts, how often do we play unranked “noobs” only to see 250 apm? I think for new players that be the most frustrating thing about ladder games.

But what do I know I am a simple gold 50 epm terran 75 apm terran, tx.

bruh, even masters players don’t have their builds “perfected”. In bronze build orders don’t even exist.

Just practice a really basic standard build order and you’ll jump a few leagues in no time.

Disagree on coop helping with mechanics just because timing is different and unit is different (Fenix’ Adept can shoot air, for example). Dealing with timed attack waves will also cause you to develop bad habits like overbuilding defensive structures.

Even opening up a custom map and just doing a few games against very easy AI to practice macro and test what the units do would be better. Ultimately just jumping onto the ladder, even if Unranked, will be the best way to learn.