If you can't beat the smurfs, join them

I posted a couple weeks ago about how smurfing at the lower leagues is killing the ladder. Naturally Blizzard can’t make money from fixing this problem sothey would never even attempt to fix this problem. So now i intend to do the same. I will be smurfing my way down to silver and bronze to frustrate and drive away the newcomers from the game. It’s exactly what Blizzard deserve. It may only make a small increase in players not playing anymore but Blizzard need to be taught a lesson.

3 Likes

or try to trap them, then bake them into a :pie:

yeahhh okkkkk…

like from the smurfs cartoon? eh, it was way back in the day, maybe before your time.

you’re really funny… don’t waste your A grade material here, sell some tickets

dont worry, the a grade is in discord, but i dont bother with tickets, too much work.

So why are you a smurf? Dont you wanna be GrandMaster?

You’ll quickly realize how boring it is to play people that much worse than you.

1 Like

The means justify the ends

a lot more fun smurfing than playing in a broken match maker.

Try smurfing for an extended period of time and get back to me after that.

1 Like

if you didn’t read my original post properly, thats the point, to smurf for a long time

The best lesson you can teach them is to kill the game as quickly as possible. It’s like seeing a big rotting tree, and then when you go to look at its roots, they aren’t there because they decomposed years ago. 1v1 still looks okay but arcade has pretty much been done for for years along with team games. The only thing that keeps this game running is co-op, and they’ve even gotten lazy on that front and pretty much stopped developing it frequently.

To make other players suffer like he has.

You’d be surprised. Some people don’t get bored of it. They actually get a kick out of it. I know someone that’s done it a couple thousands of times (literally - to get an achievement at minimum).

Yep, that’s why team game ladders are visibly broken, and 1v1 ladder is rotting from the bottom.

Follow your dreams man

1 Like

Yes I do the same actually if blizz is not going to fix it lets break it.

It is if you try only cheese or silly things, but if you play with them, literally play with them is kind of fun.

dont smurf. 20 cha all i need to say.

1 Like

While blizz keep not saying anything about it, we are not doing anything wrong or prohibited.

If you can’t beat the smurfs, join them

1. You CAN beat them. Not every time of course, but I’ve got a thread full of examples. And believe it, a defeated smurf is a tasty victory.
  2. You’re not punishing the devs, but the regular players, in other words your brethen.

If you think that fair-play is optional in a player’s mindset, feel free to lower yourself as much as necessary. But let me tell you how this is going to end if you do so :

• First you’re going to draw the regulars players’ hostility to you.
  • Then you will either start shutting down communications and ignoring regular salutations, or getting saltier and saltier to the point you will either become triggered by anything or enjoy in trolling and triggering the others.
  • Ultimately, when you’ll have become a barcode trying to trigger tiny bronzes, you will end up playing 49% of smurfs, which will persuade you that the game is dead. Which led some to become daedgamers and spam troll threads on a forum which recognizes them as such.

There are two other choices though :

1. Harden yourself, step up your game, and stop paying too much attention to them until you reach diamond 1. You can still choose to do that.
  2. Harden yourself, step up your game, and try to fix the mess they induce in order to spare younger players what you went through. Which is the choice I made.

Only time will tell if my choice will translate into something. But at least, I can look at myself in the mirror and feel I behaved as an honorable player.

Oh, and btw :