I encounter A LOT of smurfs

…as tossers or zergs…

But not many of the smurfs are terran…

Why is that???

I wonder…

I do so genuinely wonder…

Smurfing as Terran would be super boring because Terran is so much easier than the other two races. Smurfing is already really boring because you’re abusing the system to get a very easy mismatch; kinda like picking fights with middle schoolers. If you play the easiest race while doing that, it ruins the fun.

That’s the answer you were looking for right? It seemed heavily implied.

4 Likes

Not saying that it is the case for the OP but I just had to throw it out there considering the state of the kind of threads on these forums:

Is it possible that some people perform poorly and lose to others. They then insist that their opponents are smurfs?

Haha, just a random thought.

1 Like

Because Terran is by far the hardest race of this game and every GM players will tell you that.
Terran player have no time to waste so we don’t smurf and play only at our level to improve ourself.
Terran player love challenge and it’s why they pick Terran instead of other ez pz a+click race.

Most smurf are terran :thinking: It must be a troll thread

1 Like

Terrans don’t spend anytime trying to improve. They just balance whine and call their opponents bad to dodge the fact that they are terrible. Then never improve because they develop a superiority complex which enables them to continue believing they are superior to their opponents despite losing.

2 Likes

I’ve met smurfs for all 3 races for all game modes. Perhaps they are not smurfs, but they are better than you, so you assume they are a smurf simply because they beat you with a particular race.

i can usually tell when my opponent is a smurf, when i just get clapped SO hard. way harder than usual.

If you get clapped hard, I can tell right away you’ve faced a Protoss (not a smurf). Because that’s the only time you’ve ever complained.

no one time i played vs a 5.5k+ terran player or something and i just got obliterated it was a complete disaster

when he manner muled me he dropped like 6+ mules.

that was on the steve account so he didnt know me or anything, just a jerk.

Oddly enough, the global style of Toss and Zerg are closer than they look, as there are protoss players who play very defensively, and Zerg can play purely defensively and reactively. So it’s a matter of scouting, macroing and defending and that suits a lot of match-up for both races. That’s why switches from P to Z or Z to P tend to be more durable than when directed towards terran (as suggested by the P-Z races populations, that tend to durably vary in opposite direction from each other).

https://i.postimg.cc/dQ2HZFkf/2020-06-22-1v1-population-variation.jpg

Now, I didn’t even bother looking at the racial distribution of smurfs during my surveys. But if we take, let’s say my W30-32 gold report, over 105 players :

• 10 Z = 40%
  • 11 T = 44%
  • 4 P = 16%

The sample is small but suggests a different racial distribution than the one you felt. I could use the full sample of my thread (which is around 800 players) to ascertain that, but… honestly, unless you’re planning to start some kind of battle, I don’t think it would be that interesting to do so. :wink: