How to deal with super early attack wave as kerrigan

Hatchery or Evo chamber is useful all game while spine crawlers are kinda useless.

Kerrigan will clear the rocks before they can even reach the expansion (after killing the first wave).

3 spines also cost you 3 drones which is a lot of lost eco and additional cost, compared to just 1 drone for 1 hatchery (or evo).

In RtK you lose your hatchery doing that marine comp , reaper ( zergling probably can too ) can kill it before kerrigan even spawn if your don’t put spine crawler to def or ally did it

Spines will probably die, or you’ll probably lose some Zerglings unless your micro is godlike, maybe your Hatchery will take a boatload of damage.

And then Kerrigan spawns.

just make spines. Yeah your build order is delayed a little but it’s not a big deal.

I think most commanders prefer not making stuff or using their top bar that early but someone or both of you (i.e. this week’s mutaton) just need to eat the bullet.

I just build an extra hatch at the ramp. Whether it survives the first wave or not doesn’t really matter, but I find it better than just placing spines in your own mineral line since it’ll protect your ally as well.

Whether you put spines or a hatch down for the first wave really doesn’t matter though. Kerrigan players probably wouldn’t even consider leaving the game if their main hatch died to the first wave, assuming they have enough minerals to rebuild it.

You can always use Assimilation Aura to get enough. I’ve had to do this exactly a long long time ago. Lost the main cuz Raynor decided 4 OC opening with 4 Marines is a great idea on RtK. Spawned out Kerri, rebuilt after Assimilation resources, solo’d the map with Kerri.

Part of the reason why I remembered so well. It was actually a fun experience.

Ideally you put the spines behind a hatch at the ramp. That way they protect your ally and are walled off from zergling surrounds. Plus, you now have a macro hatch.

Build micro macro hatch at ramp. It gives supply, larvae, has lots HP to tank. It costs less than spines with zerlings and has utility all game.

1 Like

Hehe, this gave a chuckle, thinking about a mini-hatchery xD.

Well, it is smaller than Lair, so micro is almost not wrong :slight_smile:

Even if reapers bypass the main entrance by going up hills(aka oblivion express), you can still uproot your spine crawler, move them and burrow.