Higher MMR requirements in 2021 Season 2?

In the past, I’ve hovered around Silver 2, occasionally dropping to Silver 3 or getting promoted to Silver 1. My MMR today is 2057.

Although I was placed in Silver 2 for 2021 Season 2, I’m also getting warnings that I am at risk of demotion to Bronze 3.

I did a bit of research, and it looks like on in NA 2021 Season 1, the MMR floor for Silver 2 was 2027. In NA 2021 season 2, the MMR floor for Silver 2 is apparently now 3085. Bronze 3 now apparently has a floor of 2000 - what happens if someone drops below 2000?

What gives? Why the sudden increase in MMR requirements? It’s not just Silver that has new higher requirements; all the leagues have much higher requirements. For example, Platinum 3 used to have a floor of 2800, and now requires 3701.

I’m in Diamond 2 with 3.7k though with no demotion notification on my profile

Interesting. From what I see, 3701 is now good for Plat 3, and and 3780 is now Plat 2, so you should have a demotion notification.

Maybe it’s region dependent? I’m NA, what region are you?

Same, I have that on NA server

mmr can change,but probably not that high amount,it sounds line the classic ladder visual bugs that do not affect gameplay but confuses the players a lot

Oof! Goba better watch his MMR…

They decrease the MMR entry requirement more and more when I was playing actively diamond started from 3600 now starts from 3280, it cant be 3700 for plat 3

League borders are set by percentage. E.g. people with top 4% MMR define borders of Master league, people between top 25% and top 4% define borders of Diamond and so on.

League borders are different on different servers ofc because top MMR is different (which is caused by different amount of people playing).

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yea, Goba dropped due to MMR bug from GM to M1. Unfortunately i have only fellow protossers to milk for MMR.
Usual suspects (Zereg/Terrans) run as fast as they can once they see my Portrait.

Tell me, dear GOBA, have you defeated Cobra yet? Has the student surpassed the master???

1 Like

The student has a lot to do before surpassing (if ever) the master.
The master is busy defeating Clem those last days. It’s the proverbial situation when the cheeser got cheesed.

Cobra is at 6200MMR, me: 6050.

Does that mean your terran offrace will be 4k mmr too?

For this one I’d never use \dear\ even if badly drunk