Graphic Problem Starcraft Remastered

Hello everyone!

I’m having trouble playing Starcraft Remastered on my MacBook Pro. The screen gets all messed up. The screen gets like this all the time (cinematics, menus, etc.)

Is there a way to share de screenshots?

Tech specs:

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1
MacBook Pro 15-inch 2019
2,3 GHz Intel Core i9 8-Core
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4GB + Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Thanks

There’s currently some issues with Radeon graphics and Catalina at the moment. Here’s the forum thread about Catalina and Radeon Graphics.

This is happening in Heroes as well, the graphical issues in Heroes of the Storm extend to both Metal and OpenGL API where there’s visual bugs or it’s pixelated. At the moment, since this is likely caused by driver issues, it should be resolved in a future MacOS update.

We are aware of both issues and the crashes, but if you wanted to include a screenshot, using a screensharing website and placing the links between two ` (~ key) like so should work:

`Link here`
~~~

I have exactly the same issue on macOS 10.15.1. Hope it’s going to be resolved soon.

1 Like

Hey everyone, there’s a solution for this issue if you are running on a MacBook Pro with dual graphics cards: force the Mac to use the integrated Intel chip instead of the more powerful Radeon. This tool will allow you to do that: Releases · steveschow/gfxCardStatus · GitHub. StarCraft Remastered runs perfectly on integrated graphics. :slight_smile: (You might have to close all open programs before switching to integrated, since if any open program is using the Radeon it will override the switch.)

1 Like

As a note, we have had reports for StarCraft on our StarCraft forums, here:

Windowed mode will work around the graphical issues on Catalina at the moment for StarCraft. This will not workaround the issue for StarCraft II, please see the post above.

I had what sounds like a similar display issue. Red horizontal lines appears when I launch StarCraft Remastered on MBP running Catalina 10.15.2
System Preferences -> Displays -> Display
Turned off ‘True Tone’ and the display issue went away.

solved for now by enabling mouse scaling

Thanks for the reports! We’re getting this information in for tracking. If either turning off “True Tone” or enabling the mouse scaling helps for anyone else, please do let us know.

Turning True Tone off didn’t work, but enabling mouse scaling did! Solved for now.

Hello!
I’m having a similar problem on MacBook Pro, but I couldn’t find the “enable mouse scaling” option in system preference? Mind if I ask where is that setting

It is in the SC Options > Speed > Use Mouse Scaling
I noticed that when I opened SC again the problem reappered. Then I had to disable Mouse Scaling and after enable again. Then it worked… Very strange, but works for now…

I am unable to play Starcraft remastered on my MacBook Pro 15 2.2 GHz Quad Core i7, 16 GB Memory, Retina Display, once I upgraded to Catalina