Forums Avatar stuck and can't be changed

Why it doesn’t match my ingame selected avatar ? and why it defaulted to karax about 3 months ago ? is there a way to change it or fix this problem ?

3 Likes

There’s a mismatch between the forum’s base and the ingame one. Take a look at this thread, and at the one linked into it for more information. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, as far as I understood there are no solutions yet, right ?

You understood right.

We could try to make a list to see what ingame portrait links to what forum avatar, but… that probably wouldn’t be worth it. The devs have more important matters to attend to, so it’s likely minor issues like that will get fixed last. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, they switched my avatar to ZERG LOL meanwhile ingame it’s the brave marine… Nothing worse could happen in SC2 universe to Duke than changing his avatar into zerg one.

1 Like

The ingame avatar for me is incontrol.

I never liked incontrol but for some reason, whenever I watch one of my replays, his face appears – but only when I hit the fastforward or reverse button during the replay.

It’s so annoying. I wish they, the devs, would fix it.

At least u got something lol. Anyways, I know it may seem meaningless to some but it actually affect the community directly, disturbs any new account/user and shows a very bad public image for a company to have the main forums bugged for so much, it actually matters a lot.

Mine is the stars party.

Since this issue could be there for a moment, if everyone says which avatar they selected ingame, I could include some sort of lookup table in the bug report thread. This would allow to select the desired forum avatar despite the mismatch, at least for those who don’t play regularly in the US region. And may speedup the work of the devs, when the time finally comes to fix the bug. :bulb:

EDIT : thread updated.

N001, D3stryw4p0N, may I ask what avatar you did select ingame (NA) ?

1 Like

It was Templar TV, but I tried to change it yesterday but it didn’t affect the forums, but originally it was Templat TV and when the problem happened the forums displayed karax

1 Like

I take note.

I’m also accessing some accounts from the API and from ingame, I might also use those as a source.