Fix MMR range for Toss and Zerg

The degree to which you desire to state this is absurd. You keep saying this and I have kept posting continually more information about why this isn’t the case, every time, but you eventually just loop back to it without having ever addressed literally a single one of the reasons I’ve told you that this sentence does not actually bear resemblance to reality.

“Terran players are on average inferior” is true if and only if you decide to exclusively use a mean average over the player statistics. As has been shown, if you do anything more complicated than that when analyzing the player base’s ranks, you will very quickly notice a dozen other weird things.

Let’s use an easy pro player example to demonstrate those weird things - For a very long time, Serral’s Zerg was completely indominable. Is that Serral being simply a god gamer, or does it stem from Zerg being the strongest?

And the answer to this question is that it's both. Zerg becomes naturally favored as you go up in the ranks - this clearly demonstrates that as you gain skill, Zerg becomes stronger, because there’s weirdly fewer Zergs in Platinum* than you would expect from the other trendlines.

But Serral is also just that good at the game. Tons of practice and making sure to mind his well-being goes a long way.

Consider Wilt Chamberlain being seven feet tall - sure, it helped him a lot in his sport of choice, but it wasn’t that he was tall that made him good - it’s that he tried so hard and did lots of work to get there. Serral’s been nonstop trying since 2011. One does not simply place 1st or 2nd in over 5/6ths* of tournaments entered in five whole years without being an extremely good player.

*I picked Platinum to put a league here. I don’t actually remember what it is or have access to my statistics right now. For Serral, I did a quick count on the liquipedia page, so I might have miscounted.

1 Like