Fix MMR range for Toss and Zerg

Yes, that’s what I said.

In fact,

What I don’t understand is what you’re getting at. I checked these numbers already - the average win rates as each race against each race is, as it should be, in the 47 to 53% range, if you exclude Bronze and Grandmaster*, which means, very directly, that there is no weird problem or issue at hand in this regard despite the ridiculous over-population of low league Terrans. Their win rates don’t lag compared to the not-actually-50% win rates of similarly ranked players.

There was another point here, but I deleted it in editing and forgot what it was because I am a statistics gremlin or something.

* a. Bronze player win rate is 37 - 42 % and Grandmaster win rates are 58 - 62%. It’s absurd, but logical - There’s no longer ranked placement to fall or climb to move the player’s win rate closer to 50%.
* b. This is not completely accurate, as the average win rate of Silver players was 44 - 48% and of Masters players was 50 - 55%. But it’s for the same reason.

Tangent, but interesting from this same data is that versus random, GM win rate is 75 - 80%, while Bronze win rate against random sits at 45 - 48%, much higher than their actual win rate — and further interestingly, this disparity isn’t true of Silver - vs Race ranges from 44 to 48 but vs Random is 45 to 47 - and this stability of Random is true as you climb.

1 Like