Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar bugged even in 5.0.2

But now I can’t get the achievement even without using carriers at all. I tried doing this achievement 4 times (2 with void rays, 2 with carriers). And I still didn’t get the achievement. I was extremely careful not to lose any unit, I am pretty sure I did not lose any unit, since I attacked only after repelling enemy attack, and after I attacked, I put the attacking units in group to help me keep track whether I accidentally lost any, did the same with probes too to keep track of them.

EDIT: After reading some comments I got the achvievement. I played without purifier beam and without solar lance, was paying attention to not cancel building construction. But I think not using the beam was the real solution.

2 Likes

I read on another thread that others are having a problem with this, too - it is indeed bugged now in a different way.

To get it, you cannot complete the bonus objectives. Apparently those structures getting destroyed voids the achievement - I guess because the game says, “Oh, look, something that wasn’t one of the Terran enemy units/structures got destroyed.”

It’s obviously a bug/mistake, but that’s how you can get it. Don’t do the bonus objectives.

I never did the bonuses on my attempts and I still can’t figure out how to get the achievement, even with parking carriers in the corner and going for void rays.

1 Like

Perhaps you can’t lose structures, either? I dunno.

Did the enemy fleets destroy any of your defunct assimilators, for example?

Others have gotten this achievement since 5.02 happened, by carefully avoiding any losses and by not doing the bonus objectives. So it’s possible… I personally haven’t done it yet.

I too am having the same problem. Played through 4 times with voids and was certain not to lose a unit.

UPDATE: It’s confirmed that Solar Lance, Deploy Fenix and Purifier Beam will cause the achievement to fail.

Hey all,

I ran tests though the Editor where I added triggers to tell me if I met the achievement requirements or not in real time. I played it out using only Carriers and completed the bonus objective, and I did (would have) received the achievement:

I then played it directly through the Campaign the same as above. Even with the bonus objective, I got the achievement:

Things to watch out for:

Your starting Phoenixes
Your starting Carriers (if you don’t use them)
Probes accidentally left behind when moving the platform
The tapped out Assimilators
An attack destroying something small like a Pylon
Not sure if it matters, but don’t cancel a warping building
You cannot reload a saved game from before the patch

I found that you can’t use the Solar Lance and shouldn’t cancel construction of structure.

1 Like

Purifier beam counts as a unit for this achievement. Do not use purifier beam. I have just tested it. Looks like a bug.

Hey folks,

Can you drop a post in this thread with any details you have?

Still have yet to go for this one myself, but dang, maybe you all have finally nailed it. If Purifier Beam, Solar Lance, and Talandar/Fenix count as “units” in the programming, then there ya go…

… I’ll make sure to avoid those ones when I get there.

I also gotta remember not to pick Reconstruction Beam on “Salvation” (the final main LotV campaign mission), because it voids that mission’s new achievement, or so I’ve heard (the achievement being not to use any Spear of Adun powers on the mission).

Thanks! This worked for me after 20 trials! :face_vomiting:
plus, I didn’t save/load for the achievement, being extra careful. (with Slowest game speed)

Yeah i’ve been having the same problem. I did also with carriers and again with void rays without achievement being rewarded. It confuses me if buildings count since the description specifies units and not buildings. If buildings are intended to count. Then put it in the description. I’ll try again without solar lance as well and see if that works.

Buildings do count, which includes cancelling buildings while under construction (while warping in).

All the associated bugs with Interceptors and using Fenix/Solar Lance/Purifier Beam have been fixed.

I’m desespere it’s been 15 times that I try without result, I did everything: use dislocators, I do not use the powers of the spear d adun that can cancel the HF and I have not lost any buildings or units