[Editor] Stetman Data hasn't been added to co-op dependencies (Resolved)

Currently, Stetman’s units and other related data have not been added to the Editor co-op dependency. His triggers are present in the co-op trigger libraries, but all references to units and other data editor elements say “unknown”.

In dependencies you need to “Add other”, select “Source: Blizzard” and select “Commander Stetmann” mod.
PS I think they made a separate dependency to make it easier to make changes to this new commander.

1 Like

Ah. That would make perfect sense, considering all the strange things going on with power fields and the like.

1 Like

I just tested it out. It does work, though there’s some interesting visual glitches where it seems to stack models when you make a unit (so it’s actually two hydralisk models instead of just one with the unit making for some glitchy visuals). Kind of a bummer that it’ll require a bunch of triggers to get the rest to work right. I really do wish Blizzard would either make separate mods for each commander and include the triggers to make them work, or at least make a different trigger path for each commander so we could see how they do it…

I have decided to report this as a new bug, as it is most likely an oversight on the part of the design team. It seems to be because of this “Includes” xml file in the default co-op dependencies, which references the Stetman dependencies (or some version of it). I found an online repository on github, but I’m afraid the forums won’t let me link to it, and it would be extremely complex to give directions. However, it appears that this “Includes” file is somehow allowing the co-op dependencies to download some of the Stetmann stuff in-game without it being in the editor first.

I noticed that even without the Stetmann dependency you can create some of the units with in-game commands (with no glitches), even if they aren’t in the editor dependencies. It would appear that whatever this “Includes” file is referencing doesn’t bring over structures, but only units. In any case, the Stetmann dependencies are not preventing this alternate dataset from being implemented, resulting in double unit actors being created. Not only that, it also results in double units being morphed from Larvae, and double Larvae being created from Hatcheries. As of this writing, I have not found any way to prevent this alternate dataset from coming into effect; there seems to be absolutely no way to modify it at all, probably not even with triggers. The only solution appears to recreate all the units from scratch or create an alternate version of the co-op dependencies without the file, both of which would be a nightmare. Barring those two options, the only thing to do is to wait for Blizzard to fix the issue.