Displinary action against a teamfragger

There’s a player on the NA ladder who i keep seeing the last few weeks.
All he does is kill his own teammate and loses.
He’s been doing this almost every single game, and I feel IT is doing it to get people angry or derank.

I reported him a few times, but don’t know i there is anything more.
Not really against the rules, but very unsportsmanlike conduct.

3 Likes

There’s nothing you can do. Unlike other popular games, you don’t get punished for trolling games. The hope is that either they quit or get bored of trolling.

3 Likes

Never understood why that wasn’t punished, it is something that has been happening since the beginning.

It’s done for smurfing (“derank”) purposes, as in teamgames just leaving the game right away doesn’t ensures defeat. So that’s one way of making sure some MMR is lost.

Occasionally, some raging users might do it to punish an ally they hate/have a disagreement with ; but that’ll be specifically against some users. If it’s done indiscriminately, that’s just simple smurfing.

More info about teamgames smurfing here, in part V (just CTRL+F twice and type “V - teamgames” ).

Freelosing smurfs aren’t punished either, and they’re many more than teamkillers. The devs are yet to be convinced that this is an issue I’d say. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

You can easily see his match history where the graph goes from normal to ally dropping to dead 0.

There are a lot of accounts like this, because “Blizzard”(Activision) doesn’t care about “their” games or community. You can avoid (most) of these scum “players” by advancing to diamond+ but it will never stop being an issue if you RT. Just leave the game and requeue, unless you enjoy meticulously a+clicking on every single unit and structure only to get steamrolled by 2-4 players who weren’t being harassed.

Misery loves company.

In Rust this is part of the game-play. Rust is an open world PvP game, you can team up with other people but there is no game mechanics to stop team killing.

I’m not saying the contrary Trekkie, the point is precisely to check if he does so repeatedly/indiscriminately or not ; in order to ascertain if it’s a smurf.

Anyway, once you’ve ascertained so, in teamgames there isn’t a lot you can do aside of avoiding playing in a random team. The thread I linked above is, among other utilities, there to gather feedback in order for the devs to realize this is becoming an increasingly problematic issue ; if you wanna draw their attention on it, post a message there describing why it’s a problem, and what you’d suggest to solve this issue.
At the moment, in 2020, this kind of toxic behavior just isn’t passible of any official sanctions. :mag_right:

Use this moment to rethink ur life. What are things that are meaningful in you life- is ladder so important in the end of the day?
What if this is kind of gospel for you to stop doing repetitive tasks like ladder each day for years.

Anyone else remember the a-move worker and pause glitch they had some years back? It was legendary. You started the game select all workers and a-move then pause. You would then get a win.

the devs don’t acknowledge team games period anymore. I play team games when I do ranked (not often anymore) and god its a nightmare.

Well teamgames are a specific case, because the efforts made on 1v1 balance do not apply as rigorously in 2v2-3v3-4v4 due to the otherwise impossible racial combinations, and to the necessarily different maps -> timings, and to it mostly revolving on team coordination and synergy.

That being said, smurfing is possibly even more and issue there than in 1v1, with a lot of users creating accounts specifically for teamgames. And contrary to 1v1, some smurfing methods (more specifically those based upon botting) would be disallowed by Battlenet’s chart. So depending on how it’s done, part of them could actually be reported.

As for the other part, those smurfing/freelosing without breaking any rules ; I believe people playing matchmaked teamgames have a similar right at being matched with players of their level than 1v1 players. Hence the teamgames section of my thread ; and my intent to talk about both in the next community feedback. :slight_smile:

This is pretty much a constant through all Blizzard team games; problem with trolls and/or smurfs.

It won’t ever be fixed because Activision won’t allocate the funds and manpower needed to research and execute a fix.