Contract Saviors Achievement doesn't work

Link to youtube video: - YouTube

I never make videos, so if the quality sucks, blame it on my first time. Timestamp @ 10:00 proves the awarded achievement.

This took me several hours to figure out, and considering I can’t receive the achievement a second time, it’s not a “perfect” run in that sense. (Notice the amount of saves I went through). Regardless, following the main steps I discuss in the video is all that is required to successfully finish.

Let me know if you have questions.

-Valas

The fact that you open with “Alright you punks, let me show you how to do this” is… Distasteful.

That was lighthearted and directed to you, no one else. You’re the one person who said I was self promoting, and that something smelled fishy. I dunno what your deal is, but if you don’t care to get the achievement go ahead and wait for another week or two. Lol.

-Valas

Yes, I smelled something fishy. You were keeping it under wraps in a random Discord server. That set off alarm bells that you might be using something sketchy to do it. If you had been open from the start, and not keeping it in the Discord server, then I wouldn’t have to be that way.

Well my apologies, I’ve never been the first person to accomplish something, and sharing it with the community was new to me. How exactly should I have done that? I ended up posting a video on youtube, albeit 2 hours later. I figured a Discord server, where I can share my game screen, is not too unusual, and it would take approximately 10 seconds to join the Discord server and see for yourself. The written explanation I made took about 20 minutes to write, and I was excited to show people immediately opposed to figuring out how to make a youtube video (which I’ve never done before), and writing a description that doesn’t do justice showing actual gameplay could do.

I felt shots fired, and was annoyed that my hard efforts were doubted by you, thus the “alright punks” quote at the start of the video. I don’t mean you any negativity, and wish you the best.

Good luck to you and let me know if you have questions regarding the achievement.

-Valas

It was never meant to be a shots fired situation. You have to understand my skepticism, as when people withhold information that others would be seeking, especially in a video game world where cheating is rampant, foul play could be at fault. It’s nice to see that there wasn’t any foul play, although this method is extremely tight on time and control.

As for how you should have approached it, you should have probably posted screenshots to imgur or the like, or just poked the thread(s) and said “Hey, I found a way to do it, let me write this thing up or record it and give it to you guys.” I get the excitement, I really do. But going to the bigger place first where people have been starved for this would have been the better call.

I got the achievement, but man. It’s tight as hell. I wish they would patch it already lol.

Glad you were able to get it, and sorry we got off one the wrong foot. Everyone definitely functions differently in this world, but with good communication, we can accomplish that which we set out to.

You’re right, there really is not any room for error on this particular achievement.

Take care,

-Valas