Contract Saviors Achievement doesn't work

Just tried going for it multiple times. I’ve trained only SCVs, Medivacs, and War Pigs. Achievement doesn’t unlock at all. I think building Supply Depots is actually counting as “training a unit”.

3 Likes

There’s another report where the player said they didn’t build anything and they didn’t get it either.

3 Likes

Then I guess it’s just broken. GG

1 Like

Can confirm. Didn’t build anything (no units, no structures) on Normal; still didn’t unlock the achievement. Thought maybe the Auto Refinery was bugging it out, so I loaded a game without it, and it still didn’t give me the achievement.

Confirmed. I’ve tried respectively not building units at all and not dropping mules; neither worked.

The game checks the type of unit built, but it does not check the PLAYER that built the unit.
So the enemy AI makes a zergling, which is not an scv/merc/medivac, and in locks you off from the achievement

As is, it is completely impossible

Band of brothers, despite having a similar set up, DOES have the line of code that specifies to only look at the human player. You might need to forego spider mines in order to get that achievement

Same, cannot complete this achievement

I can confirm. I also beat the level without building ANYTHING (no units, no buildings – literally nothing) and still didn’t get the achievement. It is definitely broken or bugged.

I join the problem. Also did not build anything and passed the level, but did not get the achievement.

Yep can confirm Contract Savior is bugged for me too

Good to see that it was Blizzard who actually spaghetti’d it. Hopefully they fix it soon, and Oil Baron talent.

Same, I’ve also had this problem with “Thanks for the Advice” on “The Dig” mission… unless you aren’t allowed to kill the bonus structures.

You aren’t allowed to kill ANYTHING with the Drill. I got it first try by not even touching the drill at all.

Confirmed too… i played only units alone no build buildings, no build units and no use SCV and scans. only micro with army i think 4-5 game minutes win… and nothing get from archivment.

I completed Contract Saviors and got achievement. If you’re available join this discord, going to show replays of how to do it @ 8 P.M. EASTERN STANDARD TIME on 08/01 (much easier than typing).

discord.gg/nBaW9Q

-Valas

Did they release a new patch to address it today? If not, then I’m suspicious about that.
Also, nice self promotion plugging.

I’m not self-promoting, that’s not even my discord… I have the achievement, put some good work into figuring out how to get it. If you are suspicious about it, jump on discord and i’ll happily show you the achievement AND how to do it.

No they have not released a new patch to address it. I put in some hard work and thought on how to bypass the bugs which haven’t been fixed yet, and managed to accomplish that.

Join me on discord and i’ll show you, I’ve already shown about 8 people now…

-Valas

I’d rather not jump into some random Discord. Why not just make the knowledge public? I smell something fishy.

Lol ok buddy, just made a video and about to upload it…

-Valas

Read the last comments on this forum, people already finishing the achievement following my recommended strategy:

Video is 15% uploaded…