Community Update - August 29, 2019

Tanks and mules are fine.

Really all they need to do is make TJ require vision. It just makes for stupid gameplay having a BC show up in your base.

Voidrays are a tricky unit to buff, not saying it’s impossible but you have to be very careful.

Terran has scan. Requiring vision isnt stopping anyone

1 Like

Scan is limited by energy. Requiring vision is a limitation both Nydus and Recall have.

I know that

Its just that the only thing that’s being impacted is a mule not being dropped. It won’t change bc openers other than saving a scan. Lots of pros scan anyway to make sure they dont suicide the bc

1 Like

Actually if you miss just a scan, the BC opening is significantly delayed.

2 Likes

I have just seen a timing where someone went Rax-> expand ->rax with techlab concussive. Hit at 4 minutes to force defenses from me. Then he hit with a 5 rax allin with scv pull and stim finished.

I couldnt defend it at all. my tech was delayed. due to the early push wich forced shield batteries from me. The ammount of marauders was too much for my immortal tech (i think around 10 marauders). Blink didnt do anything zealots where melting left and right because charge wasnt finished. eventho i cut workers to make sure i had purely units in my production tab to defend it. And he could just stim amove my natural…

I am a 4700 MMR protoss from EU…

Fix it. please.

2 Likes

Doubt, you would have posted replays and you can’t give build orders.

In the few months I’ve been here You’ve literally never posted a replay, video clip, diagram, or even a build order to support any of your bogus claims

1 Like

Racial Proportion is not an accurate Metric. Let’s look at the win rates for each of the races at the highest levels. Since they are Koreans, perhaps a lot of Koreans like Protoss. And we know what any race in a Korean’s hands can do.

2 Likes
  • Tanks are the only tier 1/early game units that can inflict enormous big area damage, for example for you as protoss to have a mass damage unit gotta have robotic facility and then (minutes) robotic bay to have either dysruptors or colosuss, and you may ask me why do I need those units vs tanks? yeah, terrans players use it almost all the time with MMA, so when they’re coming with a medium army in a 2 base all in, youre barely starting to produce whatever unit I’ve mentioned that inflict mass damage.

• Yes, BCS are so difficult to deal with, they urgently need a significant nerf.

• I know void rays are units that can with a respective buff turn to be very OP, but they need a buff because no one use them these days cause they are useless . They’re trash vs Hydra, they are super weak vs marines + stimpack, trash vs almost every anti air unit, vs muta, vs phoenixes… They are only good vs corruptors, but corruptors are produced all at once, not one by one as these void rays are produced, also they’re good inside an air-protoss composition, but beyond that are very weak.

1 Like

team games =/= 1v1 balancing.

Also siege tanks are not tier 1. Tier 1 is barracks tech.

It’s MMM, not MMA.

Blizzard didnt want Protoss to have a quick third in pvt. Because the game rellied too much on terrans harrassing workerlines to get on equal footing in a macro game.

Now the game is shifting towards terrans being straight up overly aggresive with the new stim timing you will see being used more and more.

Now here comes the problem. Protoss has to build defenses at a stage in the game where every unit is too expensive due to the nature of how the race works in regards to teching.

Protoss NEEDS 2 forges to go toe to toe with terran MMM if they want heavy gateway armies in macro games.

The timing terran now has forces protoss to build units over tech/upgrades, wich result in protoss not having any lategame tools at all.

Terrans can still harrass like they did before the patch. Forcing protoss to 2 base allin because macro is not an option anymore. (you are already outmacrod)

Then comes the next problem. Terran CAN tech behind the stim timing. resulting in terran having 3 cc’s before protoss.

And if you think the 120 P supply vs 150/160 terran supply was normal. Now its going to be 120P vs maxed out terran if you are teching up and macroing like you are supposed to.

Added to that the ghost upgrade comes at a much earlier stage in the game due to terrans ability to macro faster. And protoss tech gets hardcountered by terran tech. Just think about ravens for instance. Shuts down anything that comes from the robo. Now ghosts clear the last bastion of protoss, the twilight tech. And all we have left is air. Wich is as anyone should know extremely bad vs T. (just look at what thors do vs any air protoss has).

Tempest have no role in PvT except to hardcounter Bc before they are amassed or to cheese with before terran has enough units Tempest can be used versus static defense units, but the slow attack of the tempest makes it a slug fest, the cost of a unit thats shoot so slow only to target 1 unit of the opponents with such a tech cost is just bad. Voidrays have no place in PvT because they literally do nothing except vs mech yet thors melt them cuz of the aoe. Carriers are one of the worst units in PvT this day and age. Marines melt interceptors, widow mines melt them. thors melt them. And without any interceptors carriers are useless. The Nerf carriers got was way too big. Then the increased build time of interceptors completely made the unit useless.

And phoenix lategame. Well… if terran sees someone go mass phoenix lategame expect walls of turrets and 1 thor.

4 Likes

Thank you! Much love!

You forgot to mention that white rhinos are at one step from extinction.

Hi there StarCraft 2 - Community, I am pretty new to this forum (I hope I am in the right discussion ;D) and want to deliver my opinion. (sry in advance for the long post, I tried to keep it short :weary:)

Since the recent patch (for Terran) concentrated on the ghost change, I want to give my wack at the “TvP”- issue. IMO it isn’t really the EMP-radius that is the problem, it’s more the problem that it does not matter most of the time. Now hear me out: Lets say you hit the EMPs on the Protoss army-ball, how often did the P still storm you 3-5 times and kill all your ghosts? I don’t say templar-energy should be changed, but how about the EMP disables/locks abilities for a short period of time (like 1-2 sec)? This should give Terran enough time to save at least some ghosts. We are talking here about energy reserves for T, keep in mind T does not have a warpprism-like pickup-range to save ghosts in time. If all ghosts die every engagement, how is T supposed to keep up the energy battle? One more thing that kills me inside, if you EMP an immortal the “hardened shield” still comes up, doesn’t that defeat that the idea of the EMP?

I hope the balancing-team considers improving ghosts in coming patches, because I believe ghosts deserve better.

Why do you think that ghost that stays in storm and fails to land EMP on high templars should survive? what a nonsense.

3 Likes

How could you not have already fixed the huuuuuuuuge OP of the BC? This games makes almost no sense until that point. Or you have to quit 9 of 10 games againt T. Just silly right now…

1 Like

I think BC is too powerful for early game base harass,

and the teleport ability is too imbalance…

Blizzard can you lessen the cost of corruptor to 100 min or can you revive scourge unit as anti-air unit?

Bc openings are pretty much out of meta

2 Likes

Protoss is still OP. Nerf chrono, protoss should never be on 3 bases before terran. Also nerf DT blink. I am GM terran

2 Likes