Commander Bug... Again?!

For me only the free ones, same as usual. Hopefully the issue isn’t expanding into the premium ones.

Same issue here, they’re reset back to level 5 :confused:

I usually get this issue if my internet ain’t good or there’s some issue with my ISP when connecting to websites outside of my country. Usually a modem/router reset fixes it, if it’s the latter then you just have to wait it out until the ISP fixes it.

Hey all,

I passed this recent recurrance of the commander level loss along to Bliz.

Just to note, it’s not something that players can fix. It’s an issue on the server side.

1 Like

I want a refund on my purchase. The game told me I had to buy something to play co-op well I spent another $40 on a game that I already own and STILL cant access the game that I already have and have been playing for years.

From your other post about this:

As you can see by the many topics on the subject, there’s a bug with the three free Coop Commanders. It’s in the title of the thread you posted in. The fact that the game is telling you that you need to purchase the game to use the free commanders is obviously an error.

You already owned the game for years, and bought it again? What did you spend $200 on? Did you just keep buying it over and over?

My guess at this point would be skins and announcers? But even then, skins aren’t related to Coop.

At this point, the free ones feel like premium since they’re limited in use! :smiley:

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Vorazun, Swann, Nova, Tychus and Fenix are unaffected, but the free commanders are reset to level 5.

I bought StarCraft paid full price. I bought StarCraft II when it came out paid full price. Campaign Collection upgraded for anther $40. So yes with tax and everything I would say I spend to much money on this franchise and this company. This week After a Co op where all my levels had been reduced at the completion of the game I had exclamation mark next to the score that my mouse could hover over and the pop us said that " the version of StarCraft 2 I was playing was the free to play version and I needed to spend money to level past level 5" Just to be told that “I am the problem, I am doing something wrong. Me buying the game was a mistake, there is now way to unlock the first 7 commander” the extra $40 I spent this week was a kick in the nuts. When I open a ticket the GM tells me that I broke code of conduct and they won’t tell me what I did nor would they help in any way.

Support cannot fix bugs because they are not coders or engineers. Therefore, support can’t help you or anyone else with this bug.

That sounds like you submitted the ticket under the wrong category. Instead of Refunds, you likely submitted under Appeals or something similar. And therefore, you got a templated reply about the code of conduct.

If so, try using the correct “Refunds” category, or at least something that has to do with payments. Make sure to clearly and concisely state that you want a refund. GMs can’t read minds. Don’t mix in anything else, like wanting the big fixed, or opinions on the situation. That just makes it harder for the GM to make sense of what you’re asking for.

As for the bug itself, its not a problem on the players’ side. All who are affected have to just sit tight until Bliz fixes it on their end.

Same here, I tried update the game but nothing happened. Still fixing the bug, but takes 10 days. So I’ll play the rest of the commanders.

Relogging fixes the lvl bug for me tbh, I’ve been getting it randomly here and there, but usually ALL commanders on lvl 5

Hey Levi,

You may have already answered this question on a previous occurrence but I was unable to find it.

There have been people saying that it’s as simple as just refreshing the user profiles on the server end and that it only takes a few minutes, but this is just hearsay.

What is the problem on the server end?

Same issue with my commanders. Raynor, Kerrigan and Artanis are all level 5 now. Please help!

That’s a good question. This has been going on for about a year-ish so it’s possible that a Bliz TS agent posted something similar at some point in the past. But it’s been so long that don’t remember if (or where) it was said.

Of the little I know, there was a point a while back when the engineers thought it was as simple as a refresh/restart, but when they tried it on the next occurrence, it didn’t work. So it was back to the drawing board. That was the last I heard about it.

I’m on the Americas server and they’re back for me at least

My commanders returned after around a week. But now all my maps are gone :frowning: cant play coop at all.

So the mission button is grayed out? Sounds like something you’ll want to post on the tech support forums, or reach out to Blizzard in an email.

1 Like

I am also suffering from the same issue.

Same problem here. Commander’s back to lvl 5…