Can not install sc2

A new update released and I could not install it. Then I decided to uninstall sc2 and install it then. But it just doesnt work. If i click on install there comes a never ending loading process. If i try installing other games in the battle.net app is works just fine. I was able to install sc remastered without any problems. Can anyone help?

7 Likes

I am a pro player, PattyMac. I am having the same exact issue and I cannot do anything to solve it.

2 Likes

Have you tried uninstalling BattleNet or restarting your PC?

I’ve uninstalled Sc2, BattleNet and restarted my pc. I have no trouble installing other games on battle.net, only starcraft 2 is stuck in limbo.

1 Like

If you play terran, you should be grateful for this.

I had the same problem. I created new folders in my Replays directory and when I moved them out, the Update installed successfully. It must not like the unknown folders existing in the directory tree.

Hope that helps.

I’m seeing the same issue - Starcraft 2 was working fine yesterday, but this morning I see the update button and it keeps giving me an error. I re-ran battle.net as administrator and restarted my computer, didn’t seem to help.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue - Starcraft 2 was working fine yesterday, but this morning I see the update button and it keeps giving me an error. I runned the battle.net as administrator and restarted my computer, didn’t seem to help.

1 Like

Nothin be working.

Uninstalled the game, still doesn’t work.

Deleted the battle.net cache and shiz, still doesn’t work

big sad

1 Like

For anyone with administrator error message:

FIX!
Boot windows in safe mode.
Delete sc2 folder in Documents
Update or reinstall sc2.

1 Like

same issue for me, I tried the my documents thing and was able to install the update but the game wont start now - it’s stuck verifying the files before it even goes in to the splash screen.

Hi

I had a similar problem. I deleted replays that I put them myself e.g. from IEM, something like Vealshanks did. It solved problem immediately. Game has updated and started to work.

Best wishes

If you truly are pro, then you have an agent.
If you don’t have an agent (someone to which you pay an income to do things for you), then you’re not a pro.

:man_cartwheeling:

How long did you wait before shutting down that “never ending loading”? I recently reinstalled SC2 and remember that it took a very long time (maybe an hour or so) for that loading process to finish. It only appears the first time you start SC2.

I have solved the issue:

• Go to the folder path: C:\Users\name\Documents
  • Select the folder “StarCraft II” right click and properties
  • Go to Security tab and Select Administrators > Edit
  • Tick Full Control permission and apply

I was able to Update and Play now

1 Like

Not able to play SC2 is best thing yes :banana: :monkey:

• if you are not protoss you stay away from the protoss imbalance
  • if you are protoss, one protoss less to spam the ladder

But anyway so they managed to break the game even more? How typical. No wonder I see grubby, Marinelord, PtitDrogo, Kelazur, Beastyq and more to come playing AOE4, this game is so abandoned like all Blizz RTS that once made this company great

Were you connected to wifi/the-internet? Did you have enough disk-space?