Blizzard... Custom / Arcade has been completely hacked

Clicking ‘Custom’ in the game menu now crashes the game. A hacker is creating lobbies with lines of codes in the title, causing the lobby list screen to crash the game instance.

This is a global issue, impacting all StarCraft 2 players, preventing the majority of users from playing Custom games (a significant portion of all StarCraft 2 players).

Blizzard, please hurry up and fix this vulnerability. There are plenty of details already available concerning how the hack works, and a quick solution shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.

At the very least, please take down the lobbies containing the lines of code to allow users to keep playing. The exploit lobbies are easy to spot and have been open for many hours to days.

10 Likes

Agreed. It is a REPEATING ISSUE on going, Problem with CUSTOM mode causing PC to freeze up and then has to be reset by holding the poewer button down 30 seconds, this is not localized to my PC, my brother has the same issue when he logs on at his place. Pease fix this problem PERMINATLY and not for just a few hours which is what seems to be happening. This only seems to be a problem when you click on custom mode, versus, co-op, and other modes are working fine but CUSTOM mode is freezing PC’s WHY?

Found a work around of sorts but still froze in the end. So I was able to get int CAMPAIGN mode and under that mode is an option for CUSTOM, click on the custum icon under campiagn, not the one at the top of screen and it will take you to arcade game select, select and start a game worked fine until the SCORE SCREEN, IT FROZE JUST BEFORE IT. had to reboot PC.

Problem continues, load times are long with work around and always freezes up in the end at the SCORE SCREEN and has to be rebooted (can control + alt + delete and restart PC, cant get into task manager or close SC2 program). Tried un install and re-install but problem continues. Talked to several people playing SC2 and they all said they are having the same issue. This problem is clearly on Battle.net’s end and is outragous!

Let Tech support know and they gave me the run around to this site “report in game bug” , claiming noone else has reported the issue. OUTRAGOUS! and BS if no one else reported BC im responding to it.

1 Like

This is Blizzards fault 100% apparently someone has been hacking the game and they have known about this issue forever now. I am pissed because this happened last weekend as well. Blizzard please fix this and permanently.

The hackers are back today with 4 open lobbies abusing the vulnerability. One of the lobbies is titled: “We’re so back, bros!”

This is preventing players from playing Custom games and is extremely annoying. Blizzard fix this…

Hey all,

Yeah, they are back at it.

There’s tons of threads around that say why. This thread (even the the post above you) has the explanation.

Here is a complete work around that avoids all freezes.

This recent attack strategy is new so it’s not something Bliz has know about forever.

1 Like

Numerous reports of this. Blizzard please fix this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.