Artanis Disintegrate and Swann Lock On are kinda trash

Increase Cyclone movement speed.
Make Hellions shoot while moving.
Case solved.

2 Likes

Please do not do this to reavers

Are u suggesting Tempest is even remotely as strong as Reaver? Absurd!

Reavers are AOE anti ground unit. Regardless what Tempest can do Reaver is 3 levels above it.

But can Reavers attack air unit? I think not! I rest my case. Lol jk.

Yeah, that’s the problem. Reaver can’t attack air and they are still better than Tempest. Thank you for highlighting how terrible Tempests are.

You don’t need to be a magician to know that…

2 aiur zealots have 122% the DPS of 1 tempest (without whirlwind), for 100 mins / 200 gas less cost.
2 dragoon have 156% the DPS of 1 tempest (against armored targets), for 50 mins / 100 gas less cost.
1 immortal has 159% the DPS of 1 tempests (against armored targets), for 50 mins / 100 gas less cost.

All of these options have same supply cost as 1 tempest.

Now reaver has +2 supply cost compared to a tempest, but against ground targets it deals 230% the DPS of 1 tempest against single units and 345% against single structures… if you take into account splash, then a reaver could very well out-DPS 5 tempests easily

Tempests need a rework. As they are now, whatever scenarion you are in, you hurt yourself if you make them, as there is a superior option for pretty much every case imaginable.

I don’t get the : tempest bad argument. You guys are acting like they are standalone units. You don’t mass tempest alone, you use whirlwind zealots to get rid of the clutter then tempest mop up the high hp targets.
Artanis is very much dependent on enemy AI composition on what his best unit composition looks like. Tempest are great vs Terran. Although bliss have kept buffing and buffing his dragoon’s so much that just massing those is probably the more economical in the smaller maps

I think you guys need to understand this, tempests are siege air units. It may be one of the worst siege units in the coop without prestige 2 but they do get the job done.

Reavers have better stats than tempests but their low movement speed and the fact that they bump with dragoons and imortals a lot, you don’t get a lot of dmg that you wished to, while tempests can be stacked and has less units that can counter them.

Reavers are not weak by any means, it does wonders vs terran and protoss, but you have to play around them to abuse their strenght.

Can I love them both?

I was only joking…

1 Like

That’s the point… tempest are horrible at mopping up anything. If you have any ground target, mopping them up with reavers / immortals is much quicker.

If you have air targets, mopping them up with dragoons / teplars / archons is much quicker.

Unless the space on the ground runs out and your units can’t get into range to attack, or unless for some reason you have to go air units, building tempest is just not a good choice.

True. Reavers have the problem of overkilling stuff…

But the same is true for tempests. They overkill stuff too, and you won’t get their theoretical DPS either, which - in contrast to reavers - is already quite low.