A visual demonstration on why roaches are literal garbage

where did you see the full replay btw, is it saved at sc2 replay automatically?
would like to check it out, thinking of trying zerg lately

its on reddit or other forums but batz himself posted a selected clip and not the whole game and blamed balance.

What about Ravager?
what I also quite gladly times played, was roach opener and then morph ~8 Ravager. Roach speed optional.
and then with ling bane.
snipe siege units of all kinds.

Ravagers are the only reason to make roaches. Roaches are worse than worthless – they have negative value. Roaches cause you to lose. The only reason to make them is to have ravagers, which have some utility in dealing with liberator harass or even BCs. An offensive BC teleport can be instantly killed by ravagers, as can a BC that uses Yamato. The ravager can also pick off tanks, and can rarely kill medivacs. These things still aren’t as powerful as plain ling bane, but they are a trillion times better than the sewer that blizzard found roaches in.

Mass ravager is also a semi-decent counter to skytoss when combined with fungal, believe it or not. You have to land a fungal on his carriers, then you have to bile them down. Dark did this in the GSL and wiped out a maxed carrier army with like 10 ravagers and a few infestors.

By the way, I don’t think people realize just how good Dark is. Dark is an incredible player, and he’s probably the best zerg to ever play the game. You could argue about if it’s Serral or Dark, but Dark is definitely #1 or #2. Serral wins games through rote memorization, while Dark wins games by making them weird and scrappy. Serral probably has a slightly higher performance, but that’s because he abuses APEzerg which is all about getting the right drone count, then massing units. There is zero strategical depth to Serral’s playstyles: he wins games purely through mechanics.

I think people have picked up on dark being a top contender for goat zerg, it’s more like that serral is mechanically stellar that he gets praise, and well being more times champion iirc

Dark is definitely at least the second best player to ever play the game. Serral is very good mechanically, but clicking faster is not an impressive way to win the game. Dark was beating Skytoss using ultralisks and ravagers for his Code S wins. THAT is impressive:

Zest, Innovation and Serral (arguably Dark) are the best of each of their respective races.

damn zest, havent heard that name in a while

Zest sucked butt. He had several Code S victories in the bag and then threw them by doing incredibly dumb stuff like putting his twilight council at the front of his natural and forgetting to research charge.

People cry and cry about Protoss not winning any Code S, but it was clearly a skill issue. Zest was the best that APEtoss had to offer, and he was terrible.

Serral is #1 fairly indisputable for the most part. If was to do a MOUNT RUSHMORE ???

Possibly :

Serral, Maru, Reynor, Rogue.

Dark probably only runner up or otherwise contender.

reynor? really? maybe in a couple of years? also no trap zest inno?

2021 world champ, Beating the Best Zerg, the Best Terran, The Best Protoss back to Back to Back in Bo5/7, 2022 world champion Runner up in a 4-3 to Serral, Top 8 Worlds 2023, 7.2k mmr ladder, brought in lots of eyeballs to the scene and gave some of the greatest ZvT games of all time with Clem , think he is in a strong shout for Mt Rushmore.

Serral and Maru are basically locked I would say, its a toss up to the other remaining top zergs. CLEM would have been up there too had he been able to beat a single foreign terran in the last 3 years. He seems to be making a small comeback , and is still pretty much the 2nd best EU terran . Heromarine would be also in a shout, but he hasn’t quite hit the big results, but he did manage top 4 and top 8 worlds back to back and is bascially the #1 terran in EU for a good 2-3 years now only losing out to clem temporarily.

Lmao. I just beat Snake for the 6th time in a row. Lol @ clowns saying “a best of 1 doesn’t mean anything.”

This guy has a 70% win-rate. He’s rank 84 out of 70,000 players. He’s the top 0.12% of the skill ladder. If you selected 832 people at random, he’d be the best out of that group. 99.88% of all players are worse than him. The equivalent IQ score would be 146. He is THREE standard deviations from the mean. This guy is a literal genius.

I’ve beaten him six times in a row. Out of all the times I’ve played him in the last year, I’ve beaten him 90% of the time: https://i.imgur.com/ahvRVM9.png

The MMR algorithm is well-detailed in the AlphaStar paper. When someone has a 90% win-rate against someone else, their difference in skill is:

r1-r2 = -ln(1.0 / 0.9 - 1) * 568
r1-r2 = 635

His MMR is 5300. 5300+635=5935. Oh wait that’s exactly the mmr range I’ve posted screenshots of. Lmao. Who could’ve guessed. Still, internet randos will deny it. Just watch. Sheer denial in 3 2 1 …

These games show CLEARLY that roach based unit comps are garbage in every matchup. Snake’s gone roaches every game of 10 and he’s won 1. This is pretty typical for ZvZ in general. I have no idea why people mass roaches. They are the absolute worst units in the game bar-none. No other unit comes close to being as worthless as the roach is.

a 5k player beating a 5k player oh wow.

And the time he beat ukko a couple weeks back with mutas is because all ukko had to do was A move his ground army and smash all 3 hatcheries forcing the mutas back coz batz suicided like 30 lings into 1 bane ling, As i said, some times you win against higher level players because they are human and make mistakes, it happens.

Again, keeps using the most volatile matchup, with a guy at his skill level, instead of saying

• wow i beat Trigger in Bo5, i won vindicta in a Bo3, I won the NA apprentice Cup!

na he just screeches about nothing to 4 guys on a dead forum over and over about total nonsense.

Batz trying to find any excuse for his inconsistent play as to why he is hard stuck at 5k

• oh i am a 6k player * then why are you still losing to diamond 1 terran and protoss ? It is because you are currently at where you are supposed to be, and your win % is not high enough yet after several thousand games.

Snake’s current MMR isn’t even top 180 EU gm. But he has reached it. He should play EU more better player pool.

2 Likes

Why this guy post all the time? You lost against UpeV roronoazoro where you lost a half hour macro zvz to a 4.3k Zerg with having a 3 minute supply block ? If is so grand then he must be a magician super genius god for beating . What on earth you talking about bro? you need psychiatrist?
Kawaiirice a 4.5k zerg? hello? champ you loco? Loseing to Diamond and M3 guys but think you are the best zerg of all time ? You must be Big mad troll

I checked ladder like that guy you are like 130 or something, Why you talk to everyone like you are wizard when you are low gm high masteR with 200 apm ? You slow? You need momma soup to make you feel better because no one care about your games ?

You have no IQ you are a potato my friend. Snake low GM bro , loses all the time ! Check his stream, lose like 10 game in a row ! You win with stream snipe?

Lmao. Gotta love all the 3k mmr internet randos who come crawling out of the floor boards. I have high supply block numbers because I incorporate extractor tricks into my builds, which result in supply blocks. Roronoazoro won a game where I did a mass slow ling flood which is basically impossible to win with. Despite securing a massive lead, it took him half an hour to close out the game. Nobody with a brain looks at this fact pattern and thinks, “Oh yeah, that was a legit loss.” Delete the slow ling flood and I beat that guy 999 times out of 1000.

You guys have a really hard time understanding this. I don’t do real builds. I do meme builds and meme builds exclusively. Getting into GM with real builds is so EZ an ape could do it. My normal MMR was so flipping high that I can do these ridiculous builds and still manage to get GM with them. Nobody who has any game knowledge whatsoever would think slow ling beat speedlings but that’s what I am winning games with at a GM level, lmao. Somehow that magically counts against me according to the “logic” of internet clowns.

“OH, you win games with mass slow ling floods? You can’t do slow ling floods. Those are bad! You aren’t GM in skill because a real GM wouldn’t do a slow ling flood!” :clown_face:

I have a 70% ZvZ win-rate with meme builds and that makes me a literal GOD. Internet clowns and their glass egos just can’t admit an obvious truth.

Ah great trick to supply block and bad mechanic ! Yes Great intellect !

This Video is A Visual Demonstation why YOU YOU are garbage !!! jajajaajajaj

You lose to low guy with bad game ! This game excuse you bro? No one at your level is real bro, that is why you are not number 1 you too slow !

Too many mistake friend, your history is there bro ! Enter EPT enter the weekly ! enter tournament bro you so skillful ! You brain damage? the slow brain?

70 %? all are 50 bro you lie hahahaahajajajaja ! You losing to low players because bad skill,
Who are your friend who say well done ? Why talk here, why not talk twitch or reddit about skill ? Play Games without Border, KAtowice, ? No because your skill bad like Avilo and blame balance ! Why no GG bro? you mad coz bad? God of zerg? Beat Serral, solar, Reynor? Dark ? Rogue? Elazer? Best of 5 ? Become champion ? No coz you are stroke own ego but too slow to win any real opponent of high skillplay

Lmao. Gold league confirmed. Blocked.

qhahahaha block any one who calls you out for your terrible game ahahaha you have no back up to claim good ! you are the worst my friend, call us when you are a good player ! jeveryone on reddit laugh at you! twitch laugh at you ! everyone this forum laugh at you ! but no you just no take that you are bad and wrong and angry !

Snake’s been perfecting his roach builds for literal years.

Ravager weak patch ! Things change a lot now !