2020 Season 3 Now Live!

2020 Season 3 Now Live!

2020 Ladder Season 3 is now live!

View Full Article

4 Likes

the art for these maps look very cool, the maps got boring to look at for a while, glad they got spiced up a bit :thumbsup:

1 Like

also good job getting rid of golden wall :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3 Likes

Golden wall was free 3 base with a gold parade push. Losing that is bad for TvZ

improving =/= winning individual games

Good. You had two seasons of free gold bases. Time to adapt your playstyle.

Loved those maps, art is on point. That Tuonela 4v4 map is amazing, wish we had that for 1v1.

Do you know how videos from imgur can be posted here? (if it is possible).

Perv pillars on every map :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic news. Iā€™m glad Blizzard didnā€™t listen to the whiners on that. Last I checked overlords can still be killed.

IF A PLAYER BELIEVES HEā€™S LOSING THE GAME BECAUSE OF AN OVERLORD, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT PREVENTS THEM FROM KILLING IT.

The upcoming map pool will be my 3rd ever season. Iā€™m honestly scared because I have one played 1 game vs AI on each of them and they feel super weird. Having a hard enough time just learning the game and now new maps to figure out too. Looks like ill have to adapt or be a diamond 3 zerg forever. Any tips anyone with more experience have? Or since im only D3 just focus on mechanics and not worry about how the maps ā€œfeelā€ so much?

Canā€™t say iā€™m a fan of perv pillar immediately at the natural wall-in: being farther out would be better, but itā€™s also not a deal breaker for me or most players anyway.

3 Likes

Again large open maps with 5-7 attack paths, favoring Zerg. With bases too away apart from each other and third is plain openā€¦ GJ. Your map pool is total garbage!!!

2 Likes

Another season of boring maps. I might not like golden wall but that is one of the maps i respect the most. There are many options you can choose from for how the game will play out.

Iā€™m sick of these ā€œstandardā€ maps, where are the 3-4 player maps, islands, inbase expansions, paths blocked by minerals etc. The mapmakers have been throwing the same crap out for years. I would like to see a few maps where each race gets a map they are slightly favored on instead of trying to balance a single map for all races.

2 Likes

If you have maps that are too ā€œout thereā€, it gets vetoed all the time and we end up with a map pool of pretty much 6 or even 5 maps instead of 7ā€¦ and we end up with awful matches at the pro level with game 7 on maps like Secret Springs or Dasan Stationā€¦ Having ā€œweirdā€ maps has upsides but also some MAJOR downsides.

Itā€™s the definition of ā€œstandardā€ that concerns me. You can make a well balanced 2-4 player maps that can have islands, inbase expansions pathblocked by minerals etc, it can have plenty of stuff that can increase the depth of strategies.
Golden Wall is one of those maps that saw plenty of play with decent results.

There is a difference between ā€œweirdā€ maps and maps like golden wall.
Itā€™s way more interesting when watching pros to see maps actually affect the army composition or timing attack they are going to do.

1 Like

Looking forward to Season 3! Small bug report: in Customs, Jagannatha LE does not have the start of game countdown timer. The other new maps do.

trash team map as per usual.

2 Likes

Bring back dislikes!

1 Like