Zenyatta lore Soon

Blizzard Soon :tm: :eye: :pray:

Actively working on Zenyatta lore? Heck yea! :clap:

12 Likes

I feel like itā€™s going to be a short story or somethingā€¦ but it could totally be a cinematic.

Sounds like there might be one. I canā€™t imagine tons and tons of work on anything besides thatā€¦
Unless weā€™re getting really deep into his backstory,
which might be a tad concerning, personally.

But, I canā€™t wait to see whatā€™s coming lore wise for him. Iā€™ve had only my head cannons for two years, so weā€™ll see how long Soonā„¢ is.

Please be animated blizzcon short. :pray:

6 Likes

:point_up_2: This :point_up_2:

Really hoping! He needs it so bad! Mercy as well!

More than truly needing lore (though she does), Iā€™d say Mercy is the perfect character to get the plot to move along.

Shh this is a zenyatta lore thread and we want to rejoice that fact that they acknowledge him and lore is in the works.

2 Likes

i hope its actually about zen and not secretly about genji

7 Likes

It can include genji in it, after all their mentorship is important, but it definitely needs to be focus on zenyatta.

1 Like

When Blizzard says soon, that usually means in a year.

Iā€™d rather Genji not be involved at all. I want to see more about Zenyatta himself, the Iris, his journey to becoming a monk, learning what it is like to be human, or even Mondatta. Maybe even give him actual character traits. Iā€™d be disappointed if this golden opportunity to give our favourite omnic some love is missed and is instead turned into more Shimada lore.
We just want Zen, damn it.

6 Likes

I do think weā€™ll get something for her before Zen, with her name drop in the end of Baptisteā€™s short story and all

Yeah I want to see him as his own character independent of that green ninjaā€¦ same with Mercy tbh

1 Like

I wonder whoā€™s lore the community will ask for after zen gets his? /sips coffie

Besides Zen. Lucio and Mercy behind him have the least lore out.

There are a lot of characters that need it desperately. Even Mercy has tons compared to heroes like Lucio, Ashe or Orisa. Those three are who I want to get something too, maybe just as much as Zen. And itā€™s a shame since I find them to be extremely interesting and to have a lot of potential. Or even Hanzo for that matter so he isnā€™t just a Luigi.

What Iā€™m most interested in about Zenyatta is the fact Genji isnā€™t the only one heā€™s mentoring.

• Zenyatta: It is good to fight alongside one of my brightest pupils.
  • Genji: And you, master.

Zenyatta is apparently teaching others as well and Genji isnā€™t even his best student.

INB4 Zenyatta is mentoring all kinds of misfits in search of enlightenment, think X-men but with robots in the mix. I like the idea.

Obviously the Iris is a lot more interesting theme but letā€™s face it, revelations about what the Iris actually is, not for the near future.

4 Likes

Ya know what would be horrifically amazing and ironic?

If Zen had had a pupil in the past, who eventually scoffed at the shambali and their message, started to despise them and turned to Talon instead as the leader of Null sector to free his brethren from the clutches of men and eventually ordered the assassination of Mondatta to get back at shambali and zenyatta, making Zenyatta indirectly responsible for Mondattaā€™s death which his former pupil would flaunt about in front of his face.

Sigh Yes I would love me some Zenyatta sadness that pulled my heart strings, that could be used to humanise him even more for the audience. Iā€™d love me some feels like we had in Honour and Glory.

Oh and that tassel that hangs around his waist better have been a gift from Genji, since it reads ā€œZenā€ in kanji.

Apparently eta for Zenyatta lore is 2 whopping years from now on.

Loud sigh

So zero Zenyatta lore for this game for 5 years, haha, nice one.

I can hardly wait. >_>

Well we know know it is a 2 year window gap for this soooo yeah ā€œsoonā€ as in 2 years soon lmao