Zenyatta is OP, Tracer is balanced

what a whacky world we live in

326 Likes

It’s kinda true though. At least, Discord is OP.

14 Likes

So OP virtually no one has complained about it since launch, and Blizzard even tried to buff it at one point (which WAS too OP). He is the slowest, most vulnerable hero in the game with by far the lowest heals out of the healers (ult aside), he’s allowed to be deadly.

160 Likes

Tons of people have complained about Discord. Even more people have complained about dive yet refuse to accept Zen is essential to making it work.

Irrelevant. That buff happened over a year ago when Zen was a total trollpick.

Can’t be vulnerable if you kill everyone in two shots. :thinking:

Of course he’s allowed to be deadly. Having an itty bitty delay on his secondary fire isn’t going to make him F-tier.

Improve and adapt.

27 Likes

No, not really.

20 characters.

7 Likes

Amazing argument. You’ve completely changed my opinion on the matter. Thank you for opening my eyes.

23 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

5 Likes

You know what would be super helpful? Making counterpoints and explaining why you think that instead of just going “ur wrong”. :thinking:

14 Likes

Tracer doesn’t kill you across the map by shooting in the general direction you have to move through.

6 Likes

Zenyatta just got a minor nerf in PTR, 15% less firing speed with secondary fire.
I think Zen is fine. You can counter him in open areas.

12 Likes

yeah what’s the logic of this nerf zen, one of the very few heroes i considered fully balanced, but don’t change tracer, someone i’ve considered op since launch.

51 Likes

Also, Zenyatta’s discord is fine, you just gotta hide from Zenyatta and friends when it happens.

7 Likes

How is Discord OP? It’s Zen’s only unique utility and is pretty much an inverted damage boost. Sure, +50% Discord was op, but now that it’s at +30%, it’s perfectly fair.

And what makes you see Zen as a two-shot everyone kind of hero? That would require him to discord and land two headshots on every 200 hp hero with projectile orbs.

36 Likes

We have tons of threads about how Op Tracer is, the one i did has 450 (500 now) likes, on the other hand the Zen threads are almost non existent, so clearly, the way to go is to nerf Zen, makes sense.

34 Likes

Gladly.

First of all, Zenyatta doesn’t two-shot except for maybe a Tracer or Baby D.va. If you mnage to get shredded by a Zenyatta alone, you probably should do the thousands of players you’ll get matched up with in the future a favor and not touch Tracer.

Second of all, even if it is strong, that doesn’t mean he is absolutely game breaking, Zen has some of the worst mobility in the game. If you’re any good at the character you’re playing as, you should be able to take him down in a few seconds.

Is that good, or are you not satisfied with the five minutes I spent typing this?

15 Likes

Discord is a Lercy dmg boost for 6 people

Which only applies to one target.

4 Likes

Not exactly. It is only a damage boost for all 6 members if ALL 6 members focus fire your orb target. Whereas an actual 6 man damage boost is much more flexible when it comes to target selection. Long story short, it is much less flexible than a 6 man boost.

5 Likes

I still wonder why they won’t even attempt a slight Tracer nerf on the PTR such as reducing her max damage per bullet by 1.

25 Likes

30% damage increase for an entire team is hella strong. I’m not saying Discord is bad design or anything but you can’t deny it’s the strongest support utility outside of speed boost.

Discord -> charge two orbs -> lead them correctly -> dead squishy. Or just land two primaries in a row. Once you get a feel for his orbs it’s not that hard. I don’t even play Zen that often and I can do it. If not 2-shot then 3-shot with two bodyshots instead.

1 Like