"Zenyatta is an off-support meant to deal a lot of damage."

Exactly, so why are people acting like Zenyatta’s DPS is the same?

I misread your post, my bad.

It means you need to stay on target 15% longer, so it’s a bit harder to spam. Yeah it’s a nerf, but not a big one.

And even then he still has his primary fire.

Best defensive ult, I’ll agree but it’s easily negated by 1. things that do more damage than 300 (noon, tire, d.va bomb Reaper+ 1 other person at close range shooting a squish) or 2. Ana’s grenade (negates healing for 4 second).

I realize Ana isn’t meta at the moment, but as it shifts and should she be mete again, trans isn’t going to be as powerful.

It also means that if you kill an enemy a fraction of a second before they kill you or their ultimate goes off on live, that won’t happen on PTR.

Example #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFy4B6ys_Ok

If this was done with PTR volley and I hit the final blow on Soldier with 19 or less health, he would have killed me and survived.

Example #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdtD8-btWNk

If I had have done this with PTR volley, the EMP most likely would have gone off before Sombra dies, meaning if this was an actual competitive game and her team was there to follow up, I kill the Sombra, but instead of shutting her down as I would on live, her EMP would go off and I’d be killed by her team after she dies.

Fire rate =/= charge times.
The fire rate of orb volley is the speed the projectiles move from point A to point B, not how long do you have to charge the ability before using it.

As in

The speed the balls move at and the space between them is the fire rate.

Damage doesnt means DPS, though

The damage stat is a constant, DPS is determined by the damage stat and the fire rate of the weapon. Example: you have a character that shoots rockets. Each rocket does 20 dmg but the character shoots 2 rockets per second.

Damage of the rocket: 20.
DPS: 40.

Exactly, so now Zenyatta’s volley DPS is lower because his fire rate was reduced by 15%

I think what you’re looking for is projectile speed.

Even then, his isn’t that special and 80m/s. Hanzo’s is 100m/s.
Genji’s is 80m/s.
Orisa is 80m/s.

His rate of fire is 2.5 per second on his primary, 4 seconds to fully charge his volley. 4 seconds where he isn’t moving his orbs around, or doing anything else.

Hanzo is 1 per second, and Genji is 1 per second as well.

Dps means Damage per second. So if someone does

75 damage per second by shooting 25 bullets per second and each bullet does 3 damage. So if you take the 25 bullets per second and reduce it to 15 you’re only doing 45 damage per second because you are missing 10 bullets.

Yes. But what everyone is saying is that the orb volley’s damage is the same. No one is “acting” like he does the same DPS, according to you.

People are saying it only affects him at long range, which is false.

1 Like

Fire rate is a synonym for projectile speed + amount of projectiles, at least in heavily gun based games. But damage isn’t a synonym for DPS.
For your example, the Damage is 3. Missing bullets or not, each bullet does 3 damage. That does not changes because damage is a constant.

What zenyatta got nerfed isn’t his damage nor the charge time, but his fire rate. Meaning that it takes more time for each orb to leave Zenyatta’s model, But the damage of all orbs is still the same and the charge time of Orb volley is still 4s in PTR (I tested it :9 )

That is why: Fire rate =/= charge times. You still have to wait 4 seconds to fully charge an orb volley, but the projectile speed (fire rate) of the orbs is longer.

Its actually way worse up close.

Imagine trying to track a Tracer at point blank for 15% longer.

Heck you might not even survive long enough to unload.

1 Like

Volley does 225 with body no discord and 292 with discord

Most picked support in OWL. The nerf was long overdue.

Just like you’d be if Pharah were nerfed instead. How about a slower travel time for her rockets? Like that would you?

By this logic we will never stop nerfing supports since there will be always be a most picked support. Lucio isnt even that far behind at 71%

1 Like

Well balance is relative as long as they are all near the same power level it does not matter how much they are nerfed.

same applies to every class.

yeah, my hours on pharah were the first i put into the game. i almost dont play her at all anymore. so from a personal level it wouldnt bother me at all, if she was the most picked hero in her role in owl like zen.