"Zenyatta is an off-support meant to deal a lot of damage."

But, but, but…they’re making him more…“skill based”…it’s best for the game

/s

1 Like

I mean, I’m a Zen main. I’m okay with the nerf. It was always ridic for Widows. They never know what happens with a full charged volley. xD

The nerf only affects Zenyatta at extreme ranges. At medium to close range, it makes absolutely zero difference.

It doesn’t though, they’re literally reducing the fire-rate by 15%, meaning in situations where you land the killing shot a fraction of a second before you die or a Sombra’s EMP goes off, this change will make a difference.

1 Like

This zen nerf is stupid, period.

Im sick of blizzard releasing new heros with no aim ( remember overwatch is a FPS right ? ) and nerf heros that demand skill/aim … Yes Zen get rewarded if he charge for 5 hours the right click and aim for the head : shocking !!

2 Likes

The whole “now you can’t blindly fire around corners and get random kills” is so dumb. For one thing, I’ve literally NEVER seen a single complaint about this ever before the nerf. There are so many bigger issues that it baffles me why this was deemed such an important fix. Things like Deflect’s hitbox get constant complaints but nothing is done about, meanwhile they nerf something that is such a non-issue that not even the hyper-complaint forum hell-hole whines about it. Okay.

For another thing, people talk like this had no counterplay, despite the fact that simply standing behind a barrier tank or avoiding the most direct and open sightline to the enemy makes it a null issue. It’s no different from the snipers. But I guess all the baddies are getting what they want in the form of not being punishable for bad positioning. Fantastic.

4 Likes

Meanwhile the forums also doesn’t care that Ana’s head still lowers in 3rd person while scoped in, but not in 1st person, allowing her to head-glitch and shoot over certain map geometry while having basically no ability to countersnipe her on any hero.

Except these all have cooldowns ,do you want volley to have a cooldown instead of this minor nerf (which is actually a buff they gave him long ago ,now they just reverted that buff.)

Volley can be charged and spammed around corners and you’ll still be able to do it after the update ,just because it has a charge time doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

It’s like saying torbjorn can’t spam his rivet gun around a corner because he has to reload.

A big problem with Zen’s volley is you can’t hear it coming. You peak the corner and boom, dead.

1 Like

Where did you get that from? Patch notes say it got its fire rate reduced to make long-range snipes less common/powerful. Not because his damage was too high.

This is the best thing I’ve seen on the forums in a while.

Now I’m going to steal this and use it for later

1 Like

By this logic, Tracer should’ve been nerfed long ago because in GM and T500 players have trouble containing her. Her counter is CC which has been nerfed for the health of the game, but have been nothing but indirect buffs to her, and now she’s in every owl game, and 50% of GM games (source: omnic meta).

It takes 4 whole seconds to charge all 5 orbs pre-nerf. Such a high fire rate. I can’t believe they let it go on this long without nerfing it.

He’s had the highest or second highest win rate of all heroes who are not extremely niche in all tiers for the last year. He’s also been by far the most powerful support in the pro game outside of the period when Mercy was hilariously OP. Yet people still claim he is “objectively balanced”. I don’t get it.

Because the only thing he has in his advantage is he can do damage. His base healing is laughable, at 30/s, he has no movement abilities and the slowest movement in the game. His ult is countered by Ana’s grenade for the most part.

Literally if you are good at target prioritization and aiming you’ll be good at Zen but he is very prone to being dived on so he has to play away from the fight typically but still close enough to where people can still help him if needed.

Only harmony can go through shields, not his discord, and both orbs disappear after leaving los for 3 seconds. The only time he can’t really be killed is during ult where he’s invincible.

Also where the game is in the meta, it’s his bread and butter. His orbs have a 40m range, and there’s only winston bubbles he has to orb around, he can easily distance himself, and he basically conducts dive. If we were in a tank or deathball-y beta he wouldn’t fare as well. Next to Ana he has the best long range healing, and Ana suffers so much from dive.

I think when people claim Zen is balanced, they aren’t looking at how he performs statistically against the entire cast but only at his inherent value. Zen is one of the most straightforward, yet effective heroes in this game and I think that is what nabbed him the title of “most balanced.” It’s the “feels balanced” approach rather than the statistically balanced perspective.

He has Discord, the most powerful ability in this game and the best defensive ult. These two things and the range of his healing will keep him strong even if his damage potential is reduced.

Having Discord and a defensive ult won’t help him now that he’s an even easier target for Tracer to stalk and kill.

1 Like

It does the same damage for the same ability, it’s just a little slower.

1 Like

Exactly, it’s slower.

If you reduce Soldier 76’s fire rate by 15% does he still do the same DPS? No.

No, because the amount of bullets per second is reduced so the amount of damage per second is reduced.