Zarya IS the issue | STOP WITH THE BIAS

Also just went to twitch and looked at a few streams. Emongg is showing Zarya on both teams in both games I watched. He’s the highest rated streamer I can currently find.

I’m a dva main. Zarya is not OP. She’s balanced. The other tanks just need to be as flexible as her, as easy to plug into any comp as her, and as survivable as her. Some tanks melt too quickly now. That’s not zarya’s fault.

2 Likes

Zarya has been hilariously OP for ages. Problem is she’s practically the best DPS in the game, which makes her the largest incentive DPS players have to queue for tank. Maybe Blizz is afraid to give her a real nerf because of that.

I’ll just reiterate what I’ve said for the last year: if you straight up deleted her allied bubble then increased her charge slightly to compensate, Zarya would actually be a balanced hero.

HanaSong: “Stop with the bias!”

Me: Bruh.

Zarya needs a nerf but don’t talk about bias with that username. You’re only ever here when it involves D.va.
Which this is the endgame of this post.

1 Like

this week rein beats her in bronze.
winston beats her in GM. (also beats her in win rate there)

we non ana supports have been trying this for…months?

the ppl who use her wont listen.

their view is its everyone else. not her.

the ppl will use same thing for zarya.

That’s the DPS player in you talking.

One of the off-tank’s main jobs is to peel for a squishy. Zarya is able to do it at range every ~8-10 seconds.

If her method of peeling changes to DPS, then the off-tank might as well be Roadhog.

Lol. Just ignore the rest of the player base then? Do you play in OWL? If not, you shouldn’t care about OWL’s meta, which is totally different.

Exactly. If the person is bad with her abilities then they are not going to be doing much with her. Plus the higher your rank the smarter you have to be about when to use your bubbles.

The decay rate change was nearly two years after that 50 energy nerf, to compensate for the smaller graviton radius (from 8 to 6 meters).

To be fair, people can identify a problem without knowing the best fix… :point_up: :woozy_face:

Her pick rate contributes to her win rate.

Let’s say there’s a Zarya in EVERY game, that’s automatically a 50% win rate.

Let’s say teams with a zarya win 50% of every game then enemy team does NOT play Zarya; Zarya has somethign like a 60% win rate (not a mathmatician here lol).

Any argument based on pick-rates is absolutely absurd. If everyone started playing Sym in every game and Sym teams won half the games against teams without Sym, ya’ll would be screaming that Sym is OP…

She’s literally the best enabler in the game. I say they should shave half a second off bubble duration and take it from there; no fancy nerfs, just something that is relatively minor and see how it affect her.

The issue is that most other tanks were nerfed out of viability because the average player can’t cope with resistance.

After the sledgehammer, the top 1% couldn’t deal with perfect and/or refined play, so tanks were nerfed even further.

I strongly believe that the charge rate and grav radius changes should be reverted.

Zarya should have never been touched. She was simply a part of grav-dragon meta, and got unnecessary changes because of it.

just cause youre one tricking dva and cant figure out how to handle zarya does not mean zarya is op nor does it mean dva is bad.

You actually just made it worse. If Zarya’s winrate is 54% and almost all teams have a Zarya. Her winrate against teams with no Zarya must be drastically higher to compensate.

Literally all of this. Stop nerfing tanks.

2 Likes

Everything you just said + my post is exactly why pickrates are a terrible basis for an argument as to why a hero’s power level is over-tuned

1 Like

Zarya’s problem in my opinion is being too strong while also enabling other tank, she can synergy super well with any tank that will be meta while also providing tons of damage. Her focus is too much on enabling and that’s what keeps her being so strong.

I believe the best solution is a nerfed version of the 3-1-2 patch.
projecting a bubble will give a bubble to every team member in a range of 8 meters or less, nerf her maximum damage from 170 down to about 150, secondary damage reduced from up to 95 down to up to 85.
each bubble provides maximum of 30% energy instead of 40%.

That way she will work better as a tank and not an enabler with extra damage.
She got more protection but she pays with less damage so taking her really is only good if you’re gonna use her maximum protection and not just sending an enemy to the front line because then she stays the same but nerfed.
It will also encourage players more to shoot the bubbles since it gives her less energy in the exchange for going past them.

Right now Zarya is just too general so every possible hero can use bubble… with these changes using bubble defensively will be much more recommended.

Sure, but suggestions certainly are helpful to identify what they believe is the problem.

1 Like

reduce damage only at the highest charge capacity