Zarya IS the issue | STOP WITH THE BIAS

Issue is brain dead when to comes to dealing with Zarya. It’s the “Just because Pros are shooting Zarya bubble, I should do the same” mindset.

The player don’t understand is that there are certain conditions that needs to be met if you are shooting bubble. It is if they can focus and burst Zarya’s bubble down before she can cause any damage to have any use, or two, the person that is being bubble must die at all cause. The target is a key player that can tip the fight, for example Reinhardt when he starts moving and and swing his hammer around.

The regular players in game often shoot the bubble without considering that they don’t have enough fire power to kill her. Furthermore, if Zarya’s fully charged up, she light up like a bulb, telling your team you should focus her. This is the same issue with how people don’t focus Brigitte.

Zarya is also a counter to D.Va, especially when you consider how slow it takes for her to fire all her missile, it is easy to charge Zarya’s bubble. Without D.Va’s missile, her regular primary does not have the firepower to kill Zarya when Zarya got her beam charge up from D.Va’s missile attack. Furthermore, D.Va’s DM cannot block beam damage. So if D.Va does not wait for Zarya’s personal bubble to go on cooldown, she fed to Zarya, plain simple as that.

If Zarya saved an ally with her bubble, it means that Zarya just outplayed the enemy.

That seems to be the direction they are heading. Tears will flow on Winston’s inevitable buff as well, I presume.

1 Like

i always hated Zarya. Her clutch bubbles and her overpowered ult and the fact that she’s a better beam hero than symmetra for christ sake…
Zarya having a better beam than symmetra is like if hammond had better guns than soldier 76… this is so ridiculous…

1 Like

I think the complaint is semi valid - in that Zarya is very reliable and almost always a great choice. I don’t think she needs nerfed (or at least hard) but I do think that some other tanks really need to see buffs so that they feel as good as she does.

Also, because Zarya demonstrably slots into more or less any comp, the more niche tanks should probably be better at their niches so that she isn’t such a strong contender in those roles which are other tanks preferred maps/comps/counters.

DVa could get some of the original armor she lost back, but the problem with buffing DVa to where you probably want is that she becomes extremely oppressive in the right hands because of her mobility.

The problem with nerfing Zarya, though, is that Zarya is actually balanced.

If you want to your favorite tank to be good again, you have to ask yourself what composition synergizes well with DVa? And what heroes does she currently counter well?

The only buff I can see DVa getting would be a bit more armor, now that we have enforced 2/2/2 (her losing so much armor was one of the solutions to the OG triple tank issue), but such a buff would be a nerf to non-burst DPS heroes like Soldier.

They could arguably make her DM range to something like 12 from her current 10, but anything more and it becomes too good again.

We don’t have pickrates or winrates. We literally do not have any statistics at all.
What we do have, is the Devs saying this:

Now, if you’re trying to say that the statistics you’re (falsely) citing are from Overbuff, we need to talk because they’re wrong.

As someone who has multiple GM friends but plays predominately in Masters pretty casually, the META is Winston and Zarya. “Double Bubble”.
It originates from Korean Contenders, iirc.
It’s not new by any means.

OP, you have 26 hours on D.Va (QP), with your next highest being Ball at 1hr.
In Competitive for this season, you have 8hrs on D.Va, with your next highest Tank being Zarya at 20 minutes.

You’re complaining about a hero who directly hard-counters you.

Filters

Season: 2020
Date Range: This month
Stage: All
Match ID: All
Opponent: All
Team: All
Usage Minimum: All
Map: All
Map Type: All
Map Round: All
Attack/Defend?: All
Player or Team View?: All

What we see from this is that, actually, D.Va is the most must-picked Tank by a long shot, at a 66% pickrate. Winston, the next highest, is at 47.7%.

If we adjust the Date Range to “Previous Month”, we get this:
Sigma, the highest, being at 52.2%. Orisa, 2nd highest Tank at 49.1%.

If we adjust the Date Range to “Previous Week”, we get this:
D.Va, the highest, being at 61.3%. Winston, 2nd highest Tank at 53.9%.
So even in professional play, you’re wrong.

This is basically a duplicate thread at this point. D.Va got played, didn’t get nerfed (she actually got buffed by the armor changes and Zarya nerfs) and you got angry at those who asked for her to be nerfed.

Why can Zarya players not say the same? It’s literally hypocrisy.
You made the thread saying:

TWENTY TWO HOURS AGO.
If a character is balanced, they do not need to be buffed nor nerfed.
You said less than a day ago that D.Va was fine, and is being picked.
Now you’re upset and saying the tables have completely turned.

I get that you like D.Va. I get that it’s frustrating to see another hero performing better than yours, believe me. I primarily play Reinhardt > Winston > Wrecking Ball. Double Shield was so awful for me I literally quit the game apart from placements after 118 games of Orisa, straight, who wouldn’t?

But just because something upsets you or you perceive it to be broken doesn’t mean it actually is.

4 Likes

Have you tired not casually spamming damage at her? Its literally the reason she gets to be so strong. Stop asking for nerfs without considering the side effects. Zarya is one of the last checks to spam damage. You being a DVa main should understand what that could mean if she gets needlessly nerfed. Or maybe stop engaging her as DVa till you learn how to deal with her kit.

Idk about you dude, but in my world Orisa and Sigma were a must pick for almost a full year since 2-2-2 came out. Every other tank was a throw pick during that period, honorable mention were Rein and Hammond (only sometimes, because playing hamond into Mei/Hanzo/Reaper was also awful).
Zarya was even buffed during that period smh.

I have been seeing more D.Va than Zarya in recent games, tbh. And D.Va is more impactful than Zarya.

this post is the result of someone with dva bias complaining that there hero hero hasnt been a must pick in a while lmao

2 Likes

She is a frontline character dealing damage to frontline characters that are constantly beign healed. This is to point out to those that complain that Damage characters should only be able to obtain the “golden damage medal”.

I don’t think you think that in 20k damage she can do 100 kills in a game. Damage charactes have better tools to finish their prey hence why Zarya frontline damage to tanks is only useful to charge her ult most of the time.

Sure she melts when she is 1v1 against some characters and at almost max charge but i don’t see the problem, OW is not balanced for 1v1s

That seem like it because if your tanks falls the fight is won and she most likely sweep clean the remaining 200hp with her team

God forbid a tank is good.

That would be the problem “A” tank is good.

Many tanks are good. OP is complaining about Zarya so I said A

Zarya is both the highest picked hero and highest win % hero. Picked over 30% of competitive matches compared to Orisa’s less than 1%. Being picked a lot isn’t a bad thing by itself. But, she’s also winning the most.

I’m seeing a big mix of Rein zarya and Monkey Zarya. That alone is more tank diversity there has been in a long time. Stop whining

Yep I’m seeing a big mix of Zarya x Zarya y Zarya, whatever. Which is the issue. And I saw plenty of diversity a year ago with the supposed double shield meta. Cause only the very top players played double shield. Zarya is meta everywhere.

Honestly I think Zarya is fine. She’s not OP.

Same way Ana isn’t OP, but it’s the fact they nerfed other supports into the ground while leaving her alone, just…don’t get it.

I think it’s because they balance everything around OWL.

So, what makes for exciting games there, makes for utter crap unbalanced games in the “regular” playerbase of millions of people who actually bought the game.

Zarya’s not OP though, just well balanced, where a lot of other heroes are not.

2 Likes

The beam just doesn’t have any counters like other weapon types do, and she maintains high charge too easily in general. I don’t think she should get a major nerf, but something reasonable, maybe 5 less maximum charge from each bubble, or back to 2 degen instead of 1.6 I think it is atm?

You didn’t feel the pain of double shield which had almost no tank diversity. Just because zarya is meta why is that a bad thing? Other tanks are being played too. People will never be happy

This is your argument. You have no objective fact about her actual power level, just that she’s in most matches. Stop posting like this.