"You're a Cult!" & The Toxicity | Let's Stop The Maliciousness

Woah there! Keep it PG!

Excuse me while I save this for myself.

It gets even better with my Monty Python quote:

“He is the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on… He has got huge, sharp – eh – he can leap about – look at the bones!”

3 Likes

cult of personality toxicity

1 Like

Even after your explanation I think it is rude calling people cultists. It is a BS mentality to throw “You’re a cultist” at everyone trying to get their point across while you are making no effort in understanding their point.

5 Likes

Truly, we should be afraid of that devil.

I haven’t seen monty python in ages. Might try to rewatch it tonight.

1 Like

The whole “I don’t agree so its wrong” culture is that of any fandom. Someone posted something a while ago that describes communties like this one. It went something along the lines of this:

STAGES OF FANDOM
-I like it
-It is mine
-I cant control it
-I hate it
-I want to destroy it

While I personally agree with the points you make, that is just of course just my own opinion.

No it wasn’t. At all. Go watch the dev update. That was not mentioned at all. You are misguided.

Promoting a poor playstyle and having it be Disheartening is NOT the same a ‘fun’.

What they recently did to Mercy was a tweak in order to help the other supports shine with their new buffs

By the way, you guys do realize that a part of the definition of a cult is to seclude themselves and not engage with the world?

I thought you all complained about Mercy players engaging too much with the forums? :wink:

Also, a cult always has a charismatic leader, and if I’m not this person I’ll chew off all of your computer cables. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No ones gonna stop you. Do it quizzybunny. It even fits your name

The problem is this idea of them being a “cult” caught on a few weeks ago from one particular thread with their definition.

And people aren’t really questioning or analyzing it at all. It described how some people feel about them and it caught on. It doesn’t matter to them that the poster who started it isn’t a professional, or that actual professional disagree on what do and does not qualify as a cult, etc.

People want to be right and insult others without putting forth a real argument because they are “tired” of seeing them post. It doesn’t matter to them whether it actually makes sense or not :confused:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Well, that thread was created by the guy who was quoted with pretty much the same content as the reply. That thread, however, was removed by Blizzard.

2 Likes

nice avatar, you are a fan of thelazypeoon too i see!

1 Like

Jaina is bae

1 Like

Thanks lol.

But I actually do not watch him at all. I’ve had this name since 2004, a month after WoW launched. He became popular and people think I’m a fan or a copycat xD.

1 Like

happened to me something very similar, i understand you perfectly, lol

anyway, we are going off-topic now, my bad, congratz again tho!

1 Like

It’s not a cult. It’s the kingdom with own drama queen and king with bunch of white knights reins. Most of them hollowed, like in dark souls)

1 Like

forums have signatures in them, small boxes of text that you set in your profile and are always under each one of your comments

Their comonly used to spread arround your site, contact info or just clicking pets and that stuff

1 Like

Have you been to most mercy threads…actually never mind, I just looked at your name. They act like a cult, funny at first, but deeply troubling.

1 Like