I have constantly been getting this over the past few days. I have tried many things including using old gpu drives and the latest one. Not sure how to stop this from happening. Any help from support is appreciated, just let me know what I can provide to help you understant what you need to help me.
My laptop has NVIDIA GeForce 1650
This forum is for player-to-player troubleshooting, however, members are often willing to review a diagnostic report to see if any glaring issues can be spotted. Can you add a DxDiag here?
Click here to show/hide DxDiag report instructions
-
Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
-
In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
-
Name the file dxdiag and click Save.
After you have the report:
Note: If you have trouble posting the URL, highlight the link and click </> on the post editor toolbar.
Please note that there is no guarantee what’s causing your issue will be apparent from a DxDiag and you may need to do more investigating on your own or speak with a PC technician.
Your system is using the integrated GPU — which doesn’t meet the requirements for Overwatch — instead of your Nvidia card.
You should be able to force the correct GPU in the Windows Graphic settings. Each app can have the card assigned to it.
If that doesn’t work, use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the Nvidia drivers and reinstall them.
That’s odd, I do have it selected in my graphics settings:
High Performance
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
i have also used DDU and installed the most recent driver
Should I have DxDiag run while i have the game open?
Nope, wouldn’t matter.
You might need a BIOS update. Check the laptop manufacturer’s website for it.
played earlier and opened task manager to see which gpu was being used and saw both used, my game did not crash though
I will update my bios now, if the problem persists, should i continue to reach out here?
Reaching out to the laptop manufacturer would probably be your next best step.
It just happened again after i updated it
I never had this problem before years ago
But i guess its my problem now lol i appreciate you trying to help