"Your rendering device has been lost! Application closing!"

Since installing the latest patch, I have had several crashes with the above error. This has occurred before a match fully loaded in Quick Play, and after ~30 seconds in Mystery Deathmatch.

Besides the concern for the crashes, I am also concerned that I might have lost endorsements for dropping from the Quick Play match.

Thanks,
Mike

3 Likes

I have the same issue.

Found this, answer is in thread

or here

1 Like

Same issue, just happened after update.

1 Like

i have the same problem since the new update today

1 Like

I had this same issue on PTR, it crashed a good 12-15 times for me and all of them claimed a rendering device was lost. Now some might point at hardware but while this kept stopping me from trying Ashe out I would just play Overwatch on their regular server. Never crashed not even once while I played for hours. I play today after the update and it crashed twice within the same hour, that’s not coincidence.

1 Like

Having the same problem, I’ve only gotten through one game today without it crashing on me and my game was running perfectly last night :^(

1 Like

I have an AMD card and updating the driver did the job. They say in the previous thread that they recognize having problems in the past with AMD setups.

2 Likes

Thank you! I did this, and it seems to work now

Yeah it definitely seems to be because of the AMD card, did an update and no crashing yet. Seems to be a good fix.