You should play the heroes that you want to play, not what someone else tells you to play

AMEN. Just play however you want in comp. i just mute and block the (few) snowflakes

Yeah in diamond i always get asked why i play mercy and not moira and baptiste. I find those heroes boring and i want to have fun so i have every right to play mercy.

Stay tilted Dps :slight_smile:

Interesting this thread really hit a note eh? If you cannot acknowledge this thing called team synergy and recognize it, and act accordingly, OW Comp is simply not for you. QP, it’s fine, its trash mode when you get down to it for multiple reasons, so its acceptable to a point.

One point someone made was “well I play a small pool of heroes, I just cannot switch to anything and be effective” is true, and no one gets good on all characters. Respecting that is something teams, particularly PUGs need to recognize. I will say this though: if you are DPS, it is incumbent upon you to figure out some way to say fight Pharah in particular - I cannot count the games my DPS line up was a Reaper/JR combo - refusing to switch to counter a Pharah that was just destroying us. Tanks don’t have a lot of options here, but Supports do but DPS even more so - if you are DPS-only queue player, then you must learn something to counter that particular pick as its a DPS responsibility first.

And you’re getting avoided. Have fun waiting longer :eyes:

The dps are complaining about getting a dps healer? Not the tanks? Um… Well, at least they were probably healed for once in that match, even if they were tilted. Rofl.

Just a thought, but if outside these forums, if there is an overwhelming amount of dislike for this mentality, is it possible, it is you?

If once in a while someone acts weird that is something that could be viewed as an abnormality, right?

But if it happens enough to warrant someone to go to the forums, when they don’t normally post, wouldn’t that lead someone to consider it’s their behavior that is the problem?

(disclaimer: I couldn’t really care what someone plays, in competitive, as long as they consider a different hero if it don’t work.

Logic being if you only like 1 hero, it doesn’t make sense to play a game, a person only likes 1/30th of, why not just play a game you like all of.

As for comp, it’s generally expected that if you enter comp, you will go in with said mindset. If you join a baseball team and get center field, but each game you just walk over to the pitchers mound and start throwing balls, you gonna get kicked from the team, kinda thing.)

You see, it is like this, I got my rank from playing McCree. During my hundred plus hour journey… I ran into whatever situation is causing the team a problem before, probably multiple times, and guess what? I had a team. If they do not want to swap, neither do I. If they do, I do not have to. Are you starting to see the Golden parachute?

The funny thing is that even if you suggest it people will lose their minds due to fragile egos.

I like you Seraph, but can you not see how this could be viewed as… well…

I’m not willing to help solve problems, it’s my team job to solves them for me. (or something like that? It’s early im still drinkin coffee hahaha)

Wouldn’t it make more sense to get help from the team on this subject, then also contribute something yourself to the solution?

50 years ago, sure. Nowadays, nope, it makes perfect sense.
Most people these days don’t question anything. The majority no longer has any interest in logic, or facts, or reality, and we’re no exception. Most don’t want to actually learn truths, they just want to appear as if they know truths, because learning is just too hard.
So if an invidual’s contemporary observations are disliked by many, good chance it’s actually just that people don’t like facts and are having a blind negative emotional response.

Well I like you too, Profiteroles. I am just saying it is a sort of mental trap that absolves you of responsibility which is why it is so prevalent. I, myself, switch. I am just pointing out that it happens for a reason that they themselves believe is justifiable.

A lot of people just think about the one game they are thinking about, obviously; however, what they fail to realize when criticizing certain behavior is the total experience of the player.

An easy example is if a Winston outplays a Reaper because he has peels. And he does it again. And again. He thinks he can do it all the time. When he is not performing in your match, he does not realize he was never the reason he consistently invalidated Reaper. Or if he does realize the issue, he expects your team to do what some notable past teams did. Even if it is selective memory and he gets countered more than not.

I guess my point is, even if the problem is obvious, they might not be seeing it as a problem, and if they do, they do not feel responsible to solve it.

1 Like

Unless you’re Widow into two shields and can’t shoot anything because of that, or Winston keeps diving and killing you as soon as you walk out of spawn.

Oh I getcha, I can see how that would be the kinda process that happens, as even myself will switch, need a bit more help, then get a bit irritated when what you described happens… I just always try to reflect a bit after, cause I know I can be kinda >.> tunnel visioned haha.

Or sometimes get a little (understatement) overly confident and do stupid things while not realizing there are other problems they are currently trying to solve.

Or things like that.

With my problem being a lot of the time, being that I feel overly responsible to solve it. hahaha

1 Like

It’s opposite for me…

I constantly get raged at to switch from Moira to Ana/Baptiste/Mercy LOL

“IF YOU CANT AIM JUST GET OFF MOIRA AND GO MERCY, MOIRA SUCKS”

My usual plan is win the ground fight 6v4, and then kill Pharah if she comes down to contest the point.

Swapping to McCree or Soldier just means I’ll be missing shots on Pharah, and my team is one DPS short fighting the ground fight.

I already do, Ashe is bae

What do you do if she’s decimating your team? I mean you can’t just say lets win the ground fight and that is the outcome… my point is, even if you aren’t great aim (I’m not), you need to figure out a strategy for some character with range to do something. Heck, even Sym can often get Pharahs with turrets or even Orbs if timed well at close range…

I’ve been getting full gold’s and around 85% winrate with Winston this year, don’t give up!

Pharah alone can’t decimate my team, unless she is exceptionally good at flanking from above (eg, don’t reveal her position until the ground fight starts), or my team already is in shambles and running in seven different directions like stray wild cats.

In both cases, no matter how good you are at a hitscan long range hero, you will still be in trouble. Because that’s great teamwork supporting Pharah, or terrible teamwork leaving the enemy team free to do as they please.

Teamwork always wins against no teamwork. No matter how skilled each individual is, if one team is acting together, and the other is not, they win.

In the case of a great team supporting their flanker Pharah, you treat her like you treat a good Tracer. You don’t engage until you are 100% sure where the flankers will come from, and force them to regroup with the main force or die before the fight start. And this don’t require a long range hitscan. If you have Zen, Orisa and Hanzo spamming projectiles towards Pharah, she will run away. Then you attack.

The problem is convincing my team to NOT PUSH until we have dealt with the flanker. You know how trickling works.

looks like i was right the whole time. -drops mic-