You can't change a character's name after 7 years

7 years worth of voice acting is a bit of a disingenuous way to refer to a handful of fluff voicelines.

Again, you’re underplaying it with very on the nose language to try to arbitrarily belittle the issue.

There is one problem with the idea.
No mater what name he gets(unless if something like name of Elon’s Musk daughter), then in history of the world you will find some with same name that did something bad.
You accnowledge your mistake and leave it to make you remember to never do it again.
Let’s say there was some Ana in N-azi germany that did bad things…should we change this name too?
With move like that you’re opening a Pandora’s box.

3 Likes

I’m saying that if you think people being triggered by a character name needs counseling I’m telling you that toy and everyone one else writing entire threads and dissertations about how we shouldn’t change the name also need help

1 Like

Yes, they can.

apparently you can and no we arent because some of us actually have empathy

Part of me feels like this is more so Activision forcing Blizzard to do it. Rather than Blizzard doing it willingly.

1 Like

7 years? i think its been barely 5 … i think

But what about 5 years?

People like OP will spend all their time talking about the over-sensitive left and then write thirty six essays on why it’s ok to keep a character named after a scumbag.

1 Like

They are going to be constantly reminded of it BECAUSE of their ignorant decision to rename a beloved character that stands for good and allow a sexual predator to hold power over them and us by letting him win. He is McCree, there is no escaping it and they will keep hearing that for the rest of OW’s life and it’s their own fault.

2 Likes

He is not McCree.

Its their game. Their lore. Their character.

They dont care what you call him in game.

He is and will always be Jesse McCree.

Not anymore, they made him our character the second they released the game.

They literally do, hence why they are trying to change his name, it’s basic logic.

2 Likes

Are you kidding? This is the internet. It has such a bad attention span, that it will be overshadowed in less than a year. Watch it. The only people who will remember are the whiney little people who’s conduct was similar and are seeing themselves as called out because of the whole thing.

Been on the internet since it was first popular. And it’s the same story over and over again. Only the ones who feel called out about it will remember. EVER. Nobody will care in 8 months time. Can almost set it by a freaking clock.

1 Like

They litterly dont.

They did it to support the victims and to improve their working place.

As i stated above.
Just read their announcement.

Its not your character.

Blizzard could just close the servers right now and the character/game wouldnt exist anymore.

This is mistaken. This character has been out for many years and his name is everywhere that plus all the people Blizzard is pissing off with their actions in general makes me pretty sure that this isn’t going away.

2 Likes

They won’t because the lawsuit is about the WOW team, not OW team

2 Likes

They do, otherwise they wouldn’t change it.

It’s a PR stunt, nothing more.

False, the character is everywhere, if they shut down the game he and every single hero in the game would and will live on in many forms.

2 Likes

Except if they did that, they’d remove them from any other game. So they wouldn’t exist anywhere but merch and memories.

Which mean squat…

1 Like

Evidence

No they wouldnt. At least not for very long.