Yet another Mercy Preference Survey

This survey is intended to find what people that like x about mercy like about other parts of it.

This survey is not intended and should not be used to say all players say Mercy should have x or y because the sample here will not be representative of the overall population.

If it gets a decent number of responses the csv will be made public and I’ll put out a few graphs if anything interesting or unexpected shows up.

Results can be viewed @ Yet another Mercy Survey

Thank you for your time

4 Likes

Took the survey, poor Mercy. Pepperidge farm remembers.

I came to make sure this was here. It is. Pog

Quick clarification for the first question:

By “the change” you mean the rework, right? Cause I’ll be honest, the first thing that came to mind was the Valk buff from a few months ago.

1 Like

I mean change in the general sense not specific. Some people myself included tend to not be big fans of things changing others like it when things change.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that you can fill out the form more than once. You might want to look into ways to prevent people from filling out duplicate forms.

2 Likes

That is why I asked.

After re-reading it, I can see I added in the word “The” myself.

Thanks for that.

1 Like

Due to the general response rate on forums I didn’t flag the option as it forces a google login. I’ve found that generally cuts your response count more than the losses you take from having it off and the response count on most forum surveys is a bit on the low side.

I’ll be checking each response individually/with a spreadsheet so duplicates will be noticeable. It’ll be possible for someone to potentially mess things up by putting in garbage data but, the same is probably true even with the account requirement as some people have significant numbers of google accounts and can probably just use proxy’s and other tools to get around the protections

After the initial 63 results you have a few mildly interesting results and very little agreement on anything.

(Keep in mind that the sample size is terrible)

Among people that like Lore, Mass Res and Single Res are tied @ 39.2%

Among people that don’t like lore, Mass Res is tied with No Res @ 44.44%

Players feelings on flying in Valk appeared to have somewhat strong correlations. I’m unsure if I used poor phrasing in some way that caused the result.

Of those that didn’t like it, 75% liked Mass Res, 100% liked single beams better, 80% liked the idea of a shorter ult with more burst, and 56.3 wanted more power in the rest of the kit vs more base healing

of those that did like flying in Valk, 23.1% liked Mass res, 56.4% like single beams, 41% liked the idea of a shorter ult with more burst, and 30.8% wanted more power in the rest of the kit vs more base healing.

People that wanted higher base heals over more power in the kit tended to like single res over no res and mass res and were split on how they wanted power in the ultimate.

People that wanted more power in the kit over higher base heals tended to like mass res over single res and no res and also tended to like short ults with more burst.

Rough CSV with some additional graphs can be viewed here: Yet another Mercy Survey - Google Sheets

1 Like