Yeattle on Ball changes

Ok, so… you want to burn down 500 health, at 75 damage per second, where you can only attack 25% of the time.

That would take 26 seconds.

You are not reasonably being effective as Zarya doing that. I don’t think it is a thing.

That is before the 2 times, you would have adaptive shields in that time, which would push it out long enough to get it a third time, since, you know, you still get 100 shields from it even if 0 people are near by.

It isn’t a reasonable solution.

I mean, there is a reason Zarya isn’t a ball counter, but that is still ridiculous.

It is literally faster for you to just wait till you have ult :wink: (I think)

1 Like

Pretty sure Zarya’s minimum damage is 85 dps. And you’re vastly exaggerating with this “25 of the time” argument. It’s not that difficult to reach Hammond from a minimum distance of 8m, and even if it were, you still need to maximize your damage by firing at least one right click before he breaks range.

If he does that, then you are now free to grab that free charge, since there is no penalty for getting closer.

Nope.

It’s not that difficult to reach Hammond from a minimum distance of 8m

Ok, so, at 8 meters, from the edge closest to you in his circle he is moving…

means you are 14 meters from the pillar he is spinning around.

So, that means you are almost exactly able to reach his position only 1/4 of the time from your beam.

Look at 2 circles on nearly the same size, where one ONLY just is able to touch the center of the other…

https://overwatch-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Particle_Cannon

This is a mistake?

So the main problem with this argument is the lack of factoring Hammond’s speed into it. I just tried this in custom, and the speed at which Hammond moves makes the “downtime” pretty much negligible.

I just tested this on Hanamura A, with a zero-charge Zarya. Tracking Ball when my beam was in range, and making sure to right click whenever he was about to leave my LOS, I still managed to kill him in about 13 -15 seconds without adaptive shields. WITH the bare minimum adaptive shields, it wasn’t really that much slower; about 14 - 16 seconds after stepping into his path to get just a bit of energy and extra damage.

Of course, there’s a lot of caveats to this – specifically, that Zarya and Ball will remain alone all that time, that Zarya had no charge and Ball full health, that Zarya has “perfect” tracking, and that Ball chooses to S2W until death instead of attempting to run away or hide.

You can simply step onto the point and you’re contesting. It’s the exact same thing the ball is doing.

You can stand inside the arc of the swing and you will never get hit while you dole out free damage.

To engage the ball has to disengage the tether, accomplishing the exact same thing.

This change to the grapple was not needed at all.

1 Like

It is quite old, and stopped being updated in early 2020

Last patch note for Zarya…

6/3/2021

Particle Cannon (Primary Fire)

• Beam damage now scales from 75-170 damage-per-second, down from 95-170.

Depending on where on the pillar they attach to.

I think something would have been good, but not this change.

Well, I stand corrected, then.

1 Like

Inb4 “But Yeatle doesn’t use grapple that long! No one cares about his opinion!”

1 Like

only able to attack 25% of the time is just so far from the truth

If you really understand how to play zarya, you’d know to use her rightclick to mess up Hammond’s spin2win momentum, slow him down and knock him around to your heart’s content.

1 Like

And they still buffed cassidy and hanzo because “low winrates”.
Yet they nerf wrecking ball despite having a low winrate?
It literally makes no sense.

1 Like

there are 12 characters with a lower winrate this month, where did you get “bottom 2” from?

Cassidy is meant to be acting as Tracers counter.

It seems this change has caused quite a bit of collateral damage for high ranked players…

I also think we should reach a middle ground that balances addressing the above damage, as well las the terribly - designed, low skill - high reward Spin 2 Win play style.

That shouldn’t be too difficult, as tons of suggestions have already been made by the community.

You know what, I decided this is fine.

As long as you give Ball a permanent crit box.

Agreed with the tweet - I’ve been playing Wrecking Ball for years and never really relied on “spin2win”, but I had the grapple break on me unexpectedly while hooked up and then started to swing/spin.

So yes, it ruins his setups as well.

The devs should adjust the grapple hook change with something like this, so Spin2win is nerfed but other tricks aren’t effected like the pre-setup spots Yeatle referred to

only 8 tanks in tank role