Y'all want Mercy deleted

And it’s kinda sad. Sojourn is the actual issue, why not nerf her instead? And if you think reworking her is a good idea, then I’ve got a bridge to sell you. Because reworking her got us the Moth Meta in all it’s glory and horror. So let’s fix the actual problem instead of ruining characters that aren’t an issue.

98 Likes

I would not mind damage boost getting reworked myself, but I am not super passionate about it. She is mostly fine even with Sojourn around to be perfectly honest.

19 Likes

I’m just tired of the whole damn issue. She’s not a problem and it’s a shame.

71 Likes

Oh, trust me, I understand. These hate bandwagons are so lame.

51 Likes

Well i think she’s fine tbh but dps mains wants to blame it on other heroes who aint in the dps role

26 Likes

No she isn’t

I like mercy but im just being real, this issue has popped up far too often for it to “just be a sojourn problem”.

If sojourn gets nerfed and tracer is the next best dps, guess what? Pocketed tracer becomes a problem

If tracer gets nerfed and Junkrat is the runner up, guess what? Pocketed junkrat is a problem

If Junkrat gets nerfed-

At some point you have to stop blaming the dps and look at the pocketing playstyle as a whole.

Im not gonna sit here and say mercy is the defacto reason certain dps are problems, but she definitely makes each and every overtuned dps feel that much more frustrating to play against.

The playstyle is an issue. It isn’t overpowered, it isn’t broken. But it’s frustrating and people don’t like playing against it, and i don’t think its fair to just keep saying “nerf the dps” when each next batter to the plate is the same situation

Also pointing out a single instance where a rework ruined the game is not validation for never doing a rework again. People saying this are the same ones begging for a hog rework because his 1 shot is a “problem”, not because its broken but because its frustrating.

32 Likes

I want the entire game deleted at this point.

30 Likes

Blue beam isn’t THE issue, but it definitely is AN issue. After multiple dps have eaten nerfs due to their interaction with blue beam, at what point does it stop being just a dps issue and become a dps + blue beam issue?

14 Likes

There have been countless examples of mercy ruining dps by boosting them and she never got nerfed even once. It was always the dps who got the nerfs. Yet, here we go again.
Now is the time to actually kill the root of the issues.

28 Likes

I don’t want Mercy deleted. I just want her clothes deleted.

42 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::camera_flash:
Excuse me what was that?

17 Likes

Eh! A nice combination of over-victimisation and whataboutism. Love it.

No. No one wants Mercy deleted from the game. Yes. Sojourn is a big, if not the biggest, issue with the game at the moment. Mercy is still an issue as well.

Just because there’s one problematic hero, doesn’t mean other heroes are not also problematic.

Mercy’s damage amp pushes other heroes over the threshold or further into the problematic territory. Historically, Heroes like Ashe were fine, but then add Mercy’s damage amp and the DPS became a problem. Who gets nerfed? Ashe.

Not the mechanic making the problem; Mercy’s damage amp.

9 Likes

The devs already took away her playmaking with her rework ages ago. Damage boost is all she has left and now you want to get rid of that too.

Hate to say it but I’m glad they don’t listen to these forums anymore.

7 Likes

Exactly. Some people just don’t get it. Damage boosts are a horrible feature, we need to get rid of them or this is going to suck.

Half the forums seem to main Mercy. That explains a lot of things.

6 Likes

And this has only happened to ONE hero in seven years.

I agree but acting like ‘multiple’ DPS have gotten nerfed due to their interactions with Mercy is just wrong, it’s at most Ashe and even then she only lost 5 damage on ADS shots in exchange for slightly faster fire rate.

14 Likes

Her DMG Boost has been in the game forever, there’s literally 0 reason to even bring up the idea of “reworking” it. The thought came about from some low IQ silver player that got mad.

Don’t even know why people keep regurgitating the ridiculous idea instead of learning how to play better.

13 Likes

Ashe, Hanzo and Sojourn have or will have all eaten direct nerfs due to their interaction with blue beam. To a lesser extent Pharah, Echo and Soldier all need to be balanced around the fact that Mercy/blue beam exists.

Is it an issue with every hero? No, it isn’t. Is it a big issue for the heroes it does affect? Yes, it is. And it will continue being one with every dps who synergizes well with blue beam. So rather than every future hero and rework having to be designed with blue beam in mind I’d rather just rip the bandaid off and give Mercy actual utility and actual agency in using her utility rather than just holding right click on a dps all game and being a brainless pocket bot.

1 Like

Hog 1-shot has also been in the game since beginning, and now they gonna rework it…

3 Likes

I mean I guess they can, they’ve done a real good job of killing off the game so far. Just because they’re re-working something doesn’t mean they should or its best for the game.

They removed one of the tanks and it’s become one of the worst decisions they ever made.

Now they’re sitting here trying to balance a dying population over a 1 tank meta that sucks.

Game is hanging by a thread as it is, “re-working” Mercy AGAIN over Soujorn and crybabies ain’t gonna put it in a better place.

1 Like