Y'all are killin me

I’ve seen a lot of different posts about the Lucio buffs. For some reason, most of them are negative, and most of the posts are from people who don’t main Lucio trying to defend Lucio mains by saying, “wall ride is too easy now and is insulting to skilled Lucios.”

As a 400+ hour Lucio main…allow me, if I may, to speak for my fellow frogmen/frogwomen.

ITS ALRIGHT! WE’RE GOOD! WE ARE HAPPY!

Seriously, most of us have been wanting a movement buff since the momentum changes a while back. I know your sticking up for us, but its ok…go worry about Genji now. I heard you can headshot him through deflect on ptr… CRAZY
(its almost certainly a bug btw)

9 Likes

From what I’ve heard it’s a movement nerf because his speed cap was lowered

1 Like

It’s a momentum nerf though…? Did you play the PTR?

Don’t know how I feel about the speed reduction yet. The wall ride does seem smoother, but I guess they’re worried that noobs will be playing lucio better than the pros.

Sort of.

R/Cow is mainly like ”STOP LOWERING THE SKILL FLOOR AAAAAAAAAAAA”

Yes lucio is my favorite healer and I play mostly lucio in comp so I agree. Before this movement buff, lucios had to be crafty to be stay on the wall for a long time since theres so many nooks and crannies. This will make him more fun.

3 Likes

Yes I did and there are a lot more benefits to the changes…wall ride no longer interrupted by cracks in the wall, the ability to jump from one wall to another thats facing the same direction, making cleaner getaways around corners…

Listen buddy, as a diamond flex who has over 80hrs on Lucio, I think that Lucio doesn’t need a buff or a nerf. He’s fine, and if ur complaining then I have to tell u, adapt and learn a new way of playing Lucio, u might climb, or stay in ur rank but be considered a god.

who did you reply too???

Don’t worry about genji, he’s fine, just don’t shoot while he is deflecting, how many times does Jeff need to tell you!?

There’s no escaping your meme Jeff.

1 Like

Firstly, you don’t speak for my opinion.

Secondly, if you truly were a Lucio main, you’d know that this is a nerf in every regard but worded as a buff. The going around corner thing will probably also do more harm than good if Lucio goes near a door and then rides through it instead of over it.

1 Like

Firstly…Yeah fair enough lol

I mean…why are you wallriding towards a door in the first place if your not going through it? If its that big a problem jump once you reach the edge and chain your wall run.

Your hero also got a nerf, how are you happy with it –

i mean this in the nicest way but being a Lucio main and does not = being able to play Lucio at a high skill cap.

your rank doesn’t make me think you’ve mastered lucio.

thus you would like the changes as they would benefit you.

This is a nerf in every regard and you are not a real Lucio player if you are fine with these changes.

I felt like the buff was necessary because Lucio’s gameplay style is based around wallriding, but currently it’s extremely hard to get good at it. If you can’t wallride properly, you’ll never be a good Lucio.

I think this change was made so that more players would be able to pick him up without having to dedicate hours of wallride training in custom games etc.

where is the nerf???
(PS I know it has to do with the speed cap but to me the benefits outweigh that)

Widow’s entire gameplay is around landing shots, we should give her autoaim so people can pick her up without learning how to aim.

1 Like

Forums like to be all doom and gloom. I’m not super happy about the speed nerf either, but after spending some time on the PTR, the new wall riding isn’t bad at all.

Sure its easier,but that is not a bad thing. it was hard becasue of how inconsistent it was with map geometry. they fixed a lot of that. its better now.

I am disappointed about the issues with skimming and i could care less about the lucio rollouts. they were fun to do but rarely applicable to actual games. Speed boost from leaping off walls is an important part of his kit as it makes lucio a good peeler. i don;t want to see that go away. but its too early to tell.

-you cant late jump and other fancy tech

-rollouts less effective due to speed decrease

-wall skimming worse
People and r/cow are angry that the skill CEILING was decreased. No one cares about the skill floor.