Y'all already had the option to 2-2-2 before

There are a number of unanswered questions about classic qp that leave it very much in doubt as to whether classic qp will truly be equivalent to current qp

2 Likes

I tried it initially because I thought it would be more fun to group than to solo. And often times it was. However I ultimately stopped using it because it took way too long to find a group. Group leaders were super picky and selective only keeping people they think would carry them. I’d get kicked out of 80-90% of groups I joined which is a very negative experience in itself. And if I made my own group, I’d sit there waiting and waiting for it to fill up. Ultimately, I end up getting to play 2 games for every 1 if I just solo.

No. You no longer have the option to take less time to queue normally. Now you’re forced to wait longer for 2-2-2

Given that a lot of people’s complaints were about 4-1-1 comps centered around DPS, it’s a safe bet to assume that DPS Queue is going to be the longest.

thats a simple answer … the ones whining about not going 222 are DPS mains and wanted others to fill the roles they didnt.

3 Likes

Another 1…

1 Like

But on rotation :wink:

Remember when they were like Classic OW will always be available :kiss:.

Lies. It’s an arcade mode in rotation. (I’m for 2-2-2)

1 Like

Where have they stated it will be in rotation and not perm?

I don’t think they have explicitly stated that. Shoot, I’m not even sure that they’ve implied it. I’m definitely making an assumption based not their previous actions.

I’m also just taking a jab at OW. :wink:

I already use LFG because it’s generally a little better than regular QP.

But it’s often full of groups with weird requirements, languages I don’t speak (lots of Russians and French folks), and more importantly, it doesn’t account for what people are good at.
So while I’m always playing my main roles (support and tank), a lot of the DPS are people who are S/T in competitive and want to frag out for once. If you happen to match up against a team with DPS on their mains, you’re going to notice the difference in a very unfun way.
Some days the matches are decent, but often you’ll just have crumbling team after crumbling team.

Role queue removes a ton of overhead and tries to match you up with people playing their roles at an appropriate SR. If the current experience on PTR is any indication, it will be a noticeable improvement over both solo queue and LFG.

From my understanding the card will not be rotational. Replacing a game mode they have had around for 3 years with a rotation card is a very shortsighted move.

Neither has been stated.

this is one of the many unanswered questions about classic qp

This is a good troll post, no one could misunderstand a situation this intensely unless it was on purpose. Good work bud.

Actually not really.
Considering that previously you joined faster a game but could not always play the role you wished, you had also long waiting times for the role you wished.

If you do not wanna play only one role you can queue to more than one role at the same time.

i highly doubt that. i fully expect it to be rotational, just like every other arcade mode, except mystery. i also fully expect it to be phased out eventually…

if it is rotational and/or is phased out, it wont be the equivalent of current qp as Jeff described

there are alot of things jeff says that never materialize.

the thing is, a lot of folks who are dismissive to those who prefer Freedom over Forced are telling the latter group to go play qp classic.

If qp classic is not permanently available, this isnt really an option ongoing, and ergo, such an “argument” falls flat

Well, thats because nobody wants to play No Limit.
If it were a well populated mode I am pretty certain they would have kept it available 24/7, but it looks like people don’t really miss 6 Hanzo comps after all.

No Limits didn’t withstand the test of time and we can only speculate if the “new” Classic Quickplay will do better.

I play No Limits pretty much anytime it is available when i need green circles, and there is very little wait to queue for games…as such, it appears to be quite popular as near as I can tell