Xbox Wireless Controller Bug (OW2)

This is still an issue on release and is super annoying making the game unplayable. Blizzard it is essential that this is fixed straight away

6 Likes

This bug still exists after official release… absolutely unacceptable.

6 Likes

I have a small update:

As others have said, if I plug my controller in to the console, I don’t get this bug.

It seems to only happen when it’s wireless.

2 Likes

Blizzard please fix this bug I’ve been playing overwatch since 2017 and now I can’t enjoy overwatch 2 along with many others

6 Likes

I have the same issue. The problem is also with F1 22… Please fix Blizzard & Xbox

3 Likes

Deep Rock Galactic also had this bug when they added their 120hz patch - but they’ve since had another patch and it seems to have been fixed. So it looks like it CAN be fixed!

2 Likes

This bug was present in the OW2 Beta, and is still present in the newly released OW2.

It’s also gone unrecognised by Blizzard.

This isn’t a console problem, it’s a game breaking OW2 problem.
Didn’t occur in OW1.

Please can this be addressed Blizzard!

9 Likes

Having the same problem here. I find if I hit my jewel and the back out the controller works well for a while… I’ll try unplugging the headset next to see if I can play longer without the bug.

3 Likes

It’s happening to me as well, only in OW2, on the Series S. I’ll try playing with the cable for now ):

[update]
If you’re not playing on cable, try to disconnect your headset when you ‘feel’ tha the glitch is about to happen. It worked here (sucky method but worked).

2 Likes

I also got this when I was able to play the first day. Thought I was crazy

3 Likes

I am on xbox series X and its happening to me as well.

3 Likes

I have the same problem

3 Likes

Just got off of playing during it’s “full release” and I’m currently dealing with this issue. It’s extremely frustrating,but I’m less upset now knowing I’m not the only one. Damnit Bliz get your sh*t together man.

3 Likes

I’m on ps5 and something similar happened to me too.

1 Like

I also have the same problem but it does not happen every match (happened like twice today where ive played 20 matches). But for me it does not help to reconnect the controller, i have to manually turn of my entire xbox before it goes away.

4 Likes

same this happened to me 4 times in a comp game and i died all those times and i was a healer so we prolly lost bc of me

1 Like

same here i have been having the same issue since the game came out

1 Like

People have been saying this is linked to using 120fps Performance mode. Is everyone using that mode?

Same thing happening to me.

Randomly my controller will become unresponsive. No way to turn it off unless I turn off my console as I don’t have an external battery pack.
Quite frustrating as I don’t want to be leaving games all the time.

same issue:

X Box Series S Console
Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

Does only happen in Overwatch 2, didnt happen in Overwatch 1 or any other game ever.

2 Likes