Xbox Series X Crashing

I am on Xbox Series X and after the winter update it keeps crashing. I haven’t been able to log in at all. Was working just fine until the update. I get to the main screen and nothing loads in and then it crashes. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice but it didn’t work. I deleted my local save on the console and that didn’t work. Internet works fine as well.

There is also reports on Twitter and Reddit of it happening to a lot of people specifically on Xbox consoles. Every other game works fine on the console. It seems to be related to a problem with the battle.net account and Xbox.

Any help?

3 Likes

When crashing are there any specific error codes? Please be very detailed in the error code description.

1 Like

No I don’t see any error codes. I get to the main screen and the winter wonderland stuff doesn’t even load and then it stutters and crashes back to the Xbox Home Screen. I noticed a lot of people on Reddit and Twitter having the same issue for Xbox. It seems to connected to the battle.net account.

Blizzard CS on Twitter replied to someone having the same problem and that they are aware of the issue and working on it.

1 Like

Then it sounds like that waiting will have to be the best option for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience.

1 Like

That’s alright! I am just glad that it’s being worked on. Thank you!

Have the same issue on both Series S and Series X. Have reinstall, cleared cache, reset console.

Then I switched to my hotspot and it worked, so there I an issue with the broadband interface that causes OW to crash to home screen after 3s on the menu screen

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue on Series X. Uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. Restarted the console and power cycled my modem/wired connection. Nothing works, it just crashes when trying to launch the main menu. Was working fine for me earlier today.

3 Likes

I am surprised it was working for you earlier. I haven’t been able to log in at all since the update Thursday because it keeps crashing, but they are working on it though.

I am also having the same problem, but it’s on the regular xbox one, not the newer ones

1 Like

I believe it’s just Xbox in general. It’s happening to all Xbox consoles.

Same Here, Crashing @ Loading Game… to Homescreen on XBox One X :(. Hope they will extend the week one event with the tracer skin…

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the reports of crashing going on. The developers are aware and working on a fix. There is not an exact ETA on when it will be live but does look to be expected this week.

Apologies for the inconvenience! We appreciate the reports that everyone sent.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the update and you addressing the issue.

1 Like

So are you giving Xbox players an extra week of the event because I expect that’s how long it’s going to be unplayable- Kids are on holiday and are waiting to play …… ps thanks for the great patch test on Xbox……/s

1 Like

An update has been released today for Xbox aimed at resolving the crashes reported in this thread.

Please test Overwatch again after updating and feel free to let us know how it goes. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s working fine now!

Thank you so so much its working now!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.