Xbox & PC Crossplay (Why isn't this a thing?)

As far as i know, PS is the root reason that we dont see crossplay between Xbox, PS, and PC. However, Im fairly certain xbox and PC allow crossplay. I know Gears has it, Fortnite has it, and I even hear the new CoD has crossplay between every system.

So whats the status on an Xbox and PC crossplay? Every day it seems queues are getting longer and longer. Crossplay would be an instant fix and would vastly increase the player base. SO WHY ISNT THIS A THING?

I, by no means, am saying any comp mode should be crossplay. It shouldnt. But im down to have crossplay in quickplay, arcade and event based missions.

Really, I just want an option placed in the settings menu to queue in crossplay. That way anyone who doesnt want to participate in that, doesnt have to.

tl:dr: crossplay expands the community, it should be optional, and it should not be in comp based modes.

7 Likes

I donā€™t know that it would be a great idea; OW is played optimally on PC, so anyone playing on console would be at a disadvantage, and anyone playing WITH console players would be at a disadvantage. It would be unfair and frustrating for most people, I imagine.

I also think adding an option to alternatively queue for cross-play would have negative effects in that it would just dilute the player base and increase wait times for everyone.

Can X-Box players play with PlayStation players?

4 Likes

I play on Xbox and I say bring the PC players on.

And like I said, this feature in my mind should be OPTIONAL, meaning you dont have to participate.

I dont think so. Sony doesnt allow it.

Iā€™d rather not be at a disadvantage personally, no thank you

Mouse and keyboard usage is a problem on Xbox as is, so Iā€™d rather it not get worse

7 Likes

That is why it would be OPTIONAL. Do people not read or something :crazy_face:

3 Likes

If itā€™s optional, then thereā€™s no point in my eyes

Yeah, I play on PC and would rather console players either stay on console or just pony up and move to PC.

And even if it was optional to queue with console players, I think it would just divide the player base even more which is a negative in my eyes.

If Sony doesnā€™t allow it, then I would assume thatā€™s why there isnā€™t crossplay from console in general to PC, so thereā€™s your answer.

Sure thing, ill just head to the store rn and drop $1500 on a PC because that is a thing most people can do.

That doeant automatically exclude a Xbox/PC crossplay.

The fact is this. I play xbox, and queue times can last over 10 minutes easily, especially on off times. I would, in a heartbeat, jump into crossplay since the PC community is like 5 or more times what Xbox has. And I can image many PC players playing this, because why not. PC plat is Xbox GM from the mouth of every PC player Iā€™ve heard. Easy dubs on their partā€¦ if thats true.

#SaveXboxOverwatch

1 Like

Not sure but Blizzard has little control for console platforms so itā€™s very difficult for them.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

That could be the case. If so, i would understand. I just would like some kind of communication on this topic from them. For me personally, this has been a dream of mine for Overwatch. And one day, i hope they add it before my favorite game dies on my platform.

EDIT: it was so bad at one point. I couldnt finish my Deathmatch placements becuase I got queued into a game for 30+ minutes. After still jot getting into a game, I gave up. That was the moment i really felt like the game was dying. And i hope to God role queue brings players back.

Because pc players think they are inherently better as if playing quick play ruins their Ā£45 investment in the ā€œpc master race membershipā€ card. :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

This is why console players donā€™t have PTR too.

Blizzard would love to help, but iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the case.

But if someday it happened Iā€™d honestly prefer it as a seperated mode because this could be abused and console players just generally have a disadvantage. (No offense, but itā€™s true.)

That disadvantage would just make me a better player.

And i hope Blizzard can figure out something.

I really donā€™t think theyā€™re is much of an aim difference in plat and below, it only gets noticeable at the higher ranks.

competitive fps crossplay with pc and console always will turn out bad. a gold on pc, with access to a mouse and keyboard with be diamond on console. mouse is just a better and more accurate aiming tool that stick.

there are pc builds out there you can make for $400 that can run basic games like overwatch and csgo at 60 fps medium settings. but stick to console if you are comfortable.

How does this fix anything? 1. You are putting console players at a disadvantage. Kbm is far superior to a controller. 2. You argue it will fix queue times but then proceed to split the Xbox community just worsening thier Times.

Itā€™s a no for me.

I am comfortable, thanks for askingšŸ˜

no problem, as a pc player who also has played on console i can understand both sides

Because money thats why.