Xbox frame drops, help!

Hi so i recently played comp on my xbox one s and i noticed how my frames are going from 60 to 30 whenever something happens (ults mostly) I know i’m on an old gen xbox but i’ve never had these issues before. I reset my entire xbox removing everything and i’m still having these issues. It’s becoming unplayable to the point where i end up just not playing because it’s so bad. My xbox doesn’t overheat as i always have a fan on and my room is freezing lol. Any help will be really appreciated, i just want to maintain a steady 50-60fps !!! really want to fix this :pray:t3:

It happened on ps5 as well as soon as i spawn

Man this even happens on current gen. brand new ps5 slim here, it is really struggling to keep up the frames, even on 120hz, sometimes the game would just microstutter during teamfights. the regluar framedrops that occur when people join/leave a lobby are painful, escpecially if you want to warm up in a deathmatch. Game literally microfreezes during 1v1’s. Cool.

Are you all playing on a hardwired connection? It sounds like you’re having packet loss, which causes dropped frames.

I use an ethernet cable connected to my main wi-fi router.

Can I ask what kind of internet service you’re using? Like is it a 5G service from a cell carrier or standard landline service?

I am using an ethernet cable on a 1Gb landline glassfibre connection. I recently changed my ISP to see if it would help and I needed a new internet plan anyways. I have even better ping now (from ~40ms down to ~29ms) and the packet loss icon rarely shows up. The problems persist. I’ve also seen projectiles not being displayed at all (Soldier:76) or stuck in the air (Genji Shuriken). together with those audio stutters it can be a very messy gameplay experience. EU Servers Frankfurt.

Did you also change the networking equipment, or just the modem?

In my country (Switzerland) every ISP has a plan that comes with it’s own set of equipment. I got a new modem, new setup interface etc. What do you mean by network equipment? Everything is new (modem, LAN-cable, fibre cable).

Do you own the router, or you’re plugged directly into the modem? Just wondering if it’s being caused by something in the home setup. Unfortunately, consoles don’t have advanced network tools to troubleshoot connection problems, so I’m offering the only advice I can regarding the packet loss.

Directly plugged into the modem. The same as my previous internet provider. Packet loss doesn’t seem to be the issue because the framedrops happen even with no noticeable ping spikes or packet loss icons shown on the screen. If it’s a sony related/hidden regional server issue we’re screwed.

I’ve seen a few other posts about frame drops. I think your best bet is to report the issue in Bug Report because I won’t be able to troubleshoot your personal console hardware over a forum. New threads may not receive a response unless they need more info from you.