Xbox - can’t turn off crossplay

Hi, I am having trouble disabling crossplay on xbox. It is already enabled by default. In the system menu > gameplay> Cross-platform play > allow.
I can not change it. It is grey with a warning “please refer to xbox system settings”. What do I need to change in the the xbox system settings?
Thanks in advance.

Hey there JustTheGary,

It is true that Xbox’s Crossplay setting is not done in-game, but rather via the Xbox settings. Microsoft has some information here that I suspect will help.

Take care out there!

So if you want to turn off Overwatch’s crossplay, you have to disable it for every game on your Xbox?

3 Likes

Good job blizzard. I love that I’m forced to play with pc players :+1:

2 Likes

but you don’t play with pc

I need an answer to this, I do NOT want to play with PC players ever. If I turn off Cross-play from Xbox settings, I have queue times of OVER AN HOUR.

I should not be forced to play with PC if I don’t want to be just to even find a game. Fix this.

Blizzard can’t control how many players only want to queue with other console players, which is why there is a long queue time. Most people are playing cross-play. I always see tons of console players in my PC games.

When will the Xbox Crossplay communications be up and running then? I’m on PlayStation and I can use in game chat but my brother on Xbox cannot

How do you know they are on console?

There’s an icon under their player name. Here’s an image I found on Reddit:

The one at the top is Switch and those with the arrows icon are on PS/Xbox.

1 Like

Is that the screen you open by pressing P during the game? I’ve just tried and these icons are not there for me on PC.

Or does the lack of an icon just mean they aren’t on console?

No icon means they are on the same platform as you.