WTF! Suspended again for 30 min this time

Last time it was my fault. I was in the bathroom when the game started. But this time I was here and the game was starting and suddenly the game crashed and I immediately launched it back up to rejoin and I was already suspended.

1 Like

Did you get an error message " Connection to server lost"

No. The game just closed out. No message no delay. One moment I was sitting in the start point getting ready for the match and the next I was staring at the desktop screen.

Could be a driver issue. It’s what causes CTD for most people.

That’s super unlucky.

1 Like

You know even it’s 30 mins & suspended (again).

Posting something about your account being banned is against the forums coc.

No I didn’t know that. So basically they can suspend or ban you for nothing but you’re not allowed to say anything about it? >_>

1 Like

Isn’t being a back seat mod also against rules?

I mean, it still is kinda your “fault” that your computer crashes the game.
Anybody could just close the game and say “whoops, not my fault my computer did that”.
And well, repeated leavers get a penalty, that’s just how it system works.

2 Likes

Nope. Also how is that ‘‘back seating’’ anyways?

I mean it’s not my fault that people doesnt read the rules though.

Depends on the mod.

Pointing out what constitutes a violation of the CoC is technically allowed. Giving examples or telling stories about when you potentially violated the CoC and the resulting punishment is not. Unless you’re a T500 torb main.

Game crashes with absolutely no system error messages are a likely sign that your computer hardware may have a serious problem. These troubleshooting steps may help:

Test multiple games in a non-competitive mode. If you are still crashing, make a new topic in the technical support forum.

I wish to elaborate on the difference between the Competitive suspensions and bans versus Account Silences, Suspensions, and Bans. It is not really against the rules to ask questions, get more information about Competitive Mode suspensions or bans. This is because that is game-level protocol to remove a player from Competitive Play in Overwatch if they have been leaving Competitive Matches. There really is no harm in discussing these. In fact Blizzard encourages players to post their thoughts and feedback about how things like Competitive Leaver Penalties can be improved here on the forums.

Account Actions, on the other hand, are different, most account actions are based on behavioral decisions that significantly create a negative impact in a Blizzard game. When players intentionally work to ruin other player’s games by cheating or being disruptive, it harms everyone. The thing to understand about Account Actions is that it serves no purpose to discuss them on the forums. Doing so undermines the integrity of enforcing account actions and creates mistrust between us the players and Blizzard. Discussing account actions are against the Forum Code of Conduct.

It is against the Forum Code-of-Conduct for a person to impersonate a representative of Blizzard. It is not against the rules to politely remind other players of the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Posting Guidelines.

On that note, do know that I am a Forum MVP, and I do not represent Blizzard. I just wanted to drop in and chime in on these few things.

1 Like

I mean no disrespect, but both times were technically your fault (second time being your computer). What is your expectation in competitive when someone leaves your match?

If your PC is crashing in OW or other games you have issues. Are you gaming on a laptop? have you checked temps while gaming?

Does your machine crash when running something like Firestrike?

I don’t know if this has been clarified in this forum

But at first if it’s a new season you would be suspended for 5mins then 10mins then 30mins then I think an hour then banned from the season you also lose a lot of SR

If you left at the start of the match I’m sure you know that the match will automatically shutdown if you or another player have left before a minute is up

Blizzard has made it clear that their system isn’t able to differentiate between someone leaving on purpose or someone leaving because it’s a issue with connectivity or a issue getting disconnected

I’m sorry that this has happened you may want to get your computer fixed (or components that people have mentioned in this forum) and just try to avoid getting distracted while searching for a game

Leaving one more time may result in a ban for this season and while Blizzard aren’t able to detect what has caused it. Also not to have more bad news but I don’t know if this is true or not but somewhere I have read that Blizzard cannot remove a ban that has been put in place so if your banned from a season you WILL have to wait it out

**just adding to my last post

Blizzard cannot remove the ban because when you are banned your actually banned on Battle. net servers from being able to play competitive

Doesn’t matter why you DC, you will get punishment.
Theres no way to tell why you DC’d on their end.

1 Like

Though people will say to their deathbeds that they ca

Not if it was unrightfully so. This is something that happens to multiple people

It would be very hard for them tell between someone crashing the client or the client crashing. Alt+F4 is a thing. People might start abusing any leniency there.