WTF!? Minimizing the game, gets you banned!?

OW2 does also, so…not sure what you are on about mate.

1 Like

I’m very confused. Unless you get into a game and you’re AFK. You can turn in the background sound and have your taskbar blink when you get into a match. At least that’s what mine does.

Reminds me of someone in old forum saying they are got banned for no reason and that Blizz falsely accused him/her of cheating and Jeff K came in refuted him. Those were the days.

Anyways i minimize the game often and never got banned.

2 Likes

It’s Jeff’s “goodbye” at the end that still gets me.

2 Likes

Not only can you minimize while waiting in queue.
But you’re OW app blinks orange (Win 10) when the match is found and it’s waiting for you to pick a hero.

But those dang devs, amirite?

2 Likes

alt + tab
but then its on you to notice when the OW symbol flashes, if you cant, than good riddance!

Glad someone remembers that post. I wished i could find it. I wished they were more moments like those in this present forum. I do miss the devs coming often and spoke to us.

do remember though that because of that
Jeff had to apologize for it and give said person a skin, if I remember correctly.
Thats why they stopped

I don’t remember that happening. I also don’t remember Jeff apologizing. :eyes:

i distinctly remember something like that
Jeff calling someone out and having to apologize for it

Found the post. I was Falsely Banned for Hacking - #69 by JeffreyKaplan

Nothing about apologizing. Maybe another post?.

1 Like

i distinctly remember it, and god google aint helping.

Found it. esports.hollywood(dot)com/overwatch-jeff-kaplan-apologizes-for-roasting-rude-forum-poster-b4952d8944fb

Is this what u were talking about?.

yeah I think that was it.

This game actively hates you/everyone something to remember when playing it

He shouldn’t have apologized. :disguised_face:

Alas, it is what it is.

You crazy. Obviously something else happen.

i think OP is saying:

1. Queue for a comp match.
  2. Minimize OW and go use your browser.
  3. Maximize OW at some time later.

Result: Sometimes, the “match has started” sound and all in game sounds and voice coms do not play when OW is minimized;
You are now banned for X time because you afk’d out unintentionally.

Note: Sometimes, the OW icon also does not flash in the task bar, which it would normally do to let you know “the match has begun”

2 Likes

Minimizing whilst waiting for a match, that’s when cos starring at a empty screen is a wasted time. In any other game (RoCo, Valorant, Paladins, (even in the original OW) you can minimize the game and do some web browsing, or anything else, not in OW2, you get banned automatically.

idk it sounds like everyone is explaining to you that you don’t get banned for doing that, and that something else must’ve happened