Wtf is this? 5-11 but ranked up?

I JUST RANKED UP GOING 5-11??? Literally how is that even possible??

5 Likes

I’ll raise you 5-10 and 2 abandoned games lol.

https://www.veed.io/view/c226d63c-be1b-4799-a78f-1a64be06899c
5 Likes

Lol I had an abandoned game too. I think we’re even😂

1 Like

Shills will attempt to defend this by saying the odds were stacked against you every game and you had no business even winning any of them. When in fact if that is true it speaks even more to the system being rigged for trying to give you 16 straight unwinnable games.

4 Likes

I think it’s straight up broken. It seems Blizz doesn’t realize this.

3 Likes

I won 7 in a row and lost 0 and ranked down. I’d like whatever your having.

8 Likes

I went 5 in 1 and stayed the same rank :smiley:

3 Likes

Seems that if you quit a match or get disconnected resulting in a suspension during your run you’ll rank up. Both myself and OP both had abandoned games while ranking up on a negative win rate, and there’s also people on reddit who have been testing this and it seems to hold up.

My guess is that during the last update where they punish leavers with higher derank, it’s actually having the opposite effect and boosting ranks up instead of down?

2 Likes

Huh boosting leavers instead of punishing them - great idea!
This is the blizzard way…

1 Like

:rofl: this is hilarious. Link is broken, would you mind getting it working so I can use as reference?

2 Likes

Welcome to modern OW, where positive winrates derank you and loss streaks send you to GM!

But seriously, the system is extremely broken right now, Blizzard needs to fix it before the last drop of competitive integrity evaporates.

4 Likes

Would you mind dropping a link to the reddit posts? I’ve been looking since you posted this and can’t find it.

2 Likes

A similar thing happened to me. I won 5 support games and lost 7. Of those matches, one of them I abandoned after a disconnect. Sure enough, after I completed my set of five, I went from Platinum 5 to 1.

2 Likes
[type or paste code here](https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/13aznyn/comment/jj9jo5y/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button)

Seems like it’s real. Also explains the crazy amount of so-called “disconnections” folks have been having at the start of games.

Also it corrects itself after the next update which would explain why some folks are ranking down after a positive winrate. They may have ranked up after triggering the bug and for next update the game corrected itself.

2 Likes

Same here. Ranked is really bugged rn. 5-1 and deranks 4 ranks… Twice. Now I live in high plat. Omw back up but only after not playing life weaver anymore.

1 Like

did you DC or leave any of those matches? because if so thats probably why. it seems to be a bug where leaving a match does something that resets your win/loss counter. this has been reported on already

2 Likes

Seems to be working ok here, on my phone at least.

3 Likes

Just went even 5-5 and went M3 > M1. Not to the extreme of some of these but still no expected. Somethings up for sure.

2 Likes

I get “This video isn’t ready
Ask the video creator to sign up and share this
with you again to preview”

RollinRodent - are you able to view BlueBeams URL?

2 Likes

We’re the same person :joy:. But I’ve fixed it:

https://youtu.be/2yd0QkK21wo
3 Likes