Wrong Rank Reward

This has been a persistent, ongoing bug that the devs have yet to acknowledge. I’ve been documenting this and almost all other competitive bugs since Season 34 here:

Please spread the word.

This is just so incredibly and painfully frustrating. Not only did I not receive my Top 500 icon from competitive CTF this season, but the career profile stats also removed the proof of me hitting Top 500 in open queue in Season 36 as well. Please respond to this thread with your own issues and create your own posts so that I can add them to the list and hopefully we can get these issues resolved. We need to make our voices heard and make the devs give us the rewards we earned.

Had this issue with the T500 CTF rewards, don’t suppose they ever go back and fix it to give you them do they? I know my friend had the same issue

1 Like

Unfortunately it seems I was wrong about the Top 500 icon situation. I’ve linked the post explaining it here for anyone in here who wants to read about it: Competitive CTF Top 500 icon - #7 by Brigitte-11594. Much appreciation to everyone who contributed in bringing attention to this issue, but it seems the Devs have made up their minds. Still, I’d encourage everyone experiencing competitive bugs to spread the word about this thread: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs, it would be much appreciated.

Same happened to me! Was supposed to rank up 3-4 times now and have instead stayed the same after 15 straight wins consecutively with only a couple losses :confused: Starting to feel a bit like overwatch 1 shenanigans… BLIZZARD PLEASE GET ON IT

1 Like

You can congratulate me, this mistake has already been made for the second season in a row. There was a master 5, after 5 games won, it seemed to me that I was promoted from diamond 5 to Diamond 2

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment regarding players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

New season, same issue. finished Diamond in mystery heroes, got the platinum reward. Blizzard just doesn’t make enough money to fix problems like this

1 Like

Same issue here…
My highest rank as the season ended was Diamond as DPS (role select). However, when I updated the game and entered now in season 4, I got the Platinum rewards instead of the Diamond ones…
I seriously believe this is a bug since yesterday I was a Diamond DPS player, didnt play more games as DPS to end the season as Diamond and today I did not receive the Diamond rewards (Competitive points for Diamond and Title).

Can you please help me solve this issue?

1 Like

Diamont 5 - Down to 4 Pla xD
And Just climb to 5 yesterday lol

So I ended season 2 in D5 on dps, also played 4 games with final score of 2-2. Logged in overwatch and received rewards for Plat 1 instead of Diamond 5. I really wanted the “Diamond challenger” title, but I guess now I won’t have it for another 2 month.

What’s even stranger, I looked at leaderboard and I still have Diamond 5 there, so my final rating is Diamond 5 too.

43 Likes

I have encountered the same issue on my account, ended on diamond 5 today couple of hours before the update, however my career profile doesn’t show any of my previous season ranks.

12 Likes

Had the same issue 2 seasons in a row now, had 30+ games in diamond and yet I’m being robbed

4 Likes

I have the same issue, i stopped playing because i wanted to get the diamond 5 title, but at the start of the new season, it says that i deranked to plat 1, this also happened a season earlier, when i ended at plat 2, but at the new season screen it said that i ended plat 5, I really don’t care about the points, just want my title tbh.

4 Likes

I’m getting really tired of this. I play overwatch and still don’t get the proper rewards for my placement. For both season 1 and 2 I hit plat and they keep giving me gold rewards. I’m getting tired of this. I tried getting help last time and they gave me nothing to act on. This is just ridiculous. Is there any way to properly fix this.

3 Likes

Same! I ended open que in M5 and it says I ended in D1

2 Likes

Same here. D5 with P1 rewards

2 Likes

Yup same. Finished in P5 and got Gold rank rewards. Literally what is this? Are the ranks fake??

3 Likes

Same thing happened with me. I ended up on Diamond 4, I queued up (with that rank) when there were 15 mins left for the game to restart due to the update, didn’t even finish the game as someone left. What I received instead of Diamond rewards was Plat, as if my rank was Plat 1.

My girlfriend got bronze on Open queue and its displaying as she had Silver.

2 Likes

Same here. I finished Diamond 5 in Support and received plat rewards. My Diamond placement is the only rank that showed up inaccurately, and I am really upset about it. Second season in a row this has happened and NO fix?

2 Likes

Same thing. M5 get D1 reward.

4 Likes