Would the Microsoft acquisition be a good or a bad thing?

Personally I believe the downsides of the acquisition would outweigh the upsides…

Microsoft have shown anti-competitive behaviour in the past…For instance they removed many titles from cloud gaming services like Boosteroid - titles which include:

• Age of Empires II Definitive Edition
  • Battletoads (2020)
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Minecraft
  • Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Dishonored
  • Dishonored 2
  • Dishonored 2 demo
  • Doom (2016)
  • Doom (2016) demo
  • Doom Eternal
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Elder Scrolls Online
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout Shelter
  • Rage 2
  • Quake Champions
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Overwatch 2 would very likely be removed from Boosteroid as a result…

Hoping the CMA blocks the deal…

:pensive:

1 Like

I hope it’s blocked. I play on Xbox. Monopolies are bad for the industry.

2 Likes

So we just got an absolutely huge development…

I am so stoked for this partnership…

I’ve been using Boosteroid quite a bit for the past month and it’s fantastic…

I was always worried that Overwatch 2 would be removed from the service given Microsoft’s history but it looks like it’s going to go official which is such an amazing news!

This is such a huge win for cloud gaming!

Now I seriously hope that the Activision-Blizzard deal goes through…

Fingers crossed…

:partying_face:

1 Like

Never heard of Boosteroid before, but if that helps smooth over the CMA/FTC regulators concerns, great.

1 Like

I think it would be good in the short term, bad in the long term. As to how to articulate it no clue just a gut feeling…

1 Like

Because boosteroid uses games without license/permission from the developers.

That’s why i use nvidia geforce now instead of boosteroid.

1 Like

Essentially there is 2 sides to this.

Activision wants Blizzard entertainment gone. But they want the MONEY. The FTC is blocking their sale. and So they are doing the Nuclear option to get the cash they WANT.

They know we, as the player base can just UP and leave, and their company has ZERO VALUE left to it. While at the same time, they NEED us unhappy, so the sale goes without a hitch. Since they want us to dislike the game enough, that they can shove it out the side door.

The flip side is. Neither side holding the keys to the castlle, will be GOOD. Except if they decide to seperate from Activision and stand on their OWN 2 feet. Which they will NOT do.

With the few amount of cars that are found around Blizzard Entertainment. The obvious issues is, they aren’t going to be around much longer. Its a sign that division is collapsing.

All-time player happy-ness is GONE. match maker gets "changed’ and the game becomes WORSE.

The game engine is now WORSE.

The quality of the matches is now WORSE.

1 ) Yes, this is being done ON PURPOSE.

2 ) They are firing staff and making cuts rapidly.

What they are setting up for, is the liquidation of the Division. They are like any other aquisition company. They want this division to fold in, so they can LIQUIDATE the property and come out ahead. And they WILL find a way to file an insurance claim on it and scoot the Security and exchanges commission for taxable write-offs and Bankruptcy. Since the FTC has told them “no” to the sale and their board + CEO wants the money.

They could care less about the feelings of us. So they are going to sink the ship, since they aren’t allowed to sell it.

Ethical and legal, probably not. But I have worked for a company that did the same thing. its quite something to watch the same thing unfold here. 1-2 years this will go under, they will declare bankruptcy and claim that "Customer satisfaction was below normal, nobody paid into their bad business model, so they need to liquidate and file.

1 Like

Hmm… They have a point…

All cloud gaming services should get access to these games rather than just a select few…

Including Amazon Luna…

But will Microsoft cooperate with Amazon who is their main rival in the cloud space?

What about Apple if they were to make their own cloud gaming service?

Another concern is games on rival operating systems such as MacOS…

The acquisition would very likely harm the possibility of any future Mac ports…

:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I know I’m late to reply to this but…

Like I said in the post before I think they’re going to have to do a lot more…

Get Activision-Blizzard games on Amazon Luna for starters…

Heck! Amazon Luna just got Fortnite…

And honestly?

It runs pretty darn well heh…

Question is how open is Microsoft willing to be with one of their biggest rivals?

I’ve been using it a lot lately and they’ve really improved things like the picture quality…

And of course you can’t get Overwatch on GFN (not officially anyway…)

I pretty much feel the same way…

Do you think Microsoft might agree to divest Blizzard Entertainment?

:thinking:

1 Like

Well here ya go

Generally, keep an eye on that happens to the Nintendo deposition to the FTC, on the 12th of May.

And the EU probably approving the deal on May 22nd.

Huh and because why not, here’s a similar vertical merger.

1 Like