Would a second LoS fix Sombra's hack?

It was this 0.1s leniency on her hack that made it reliable and consistent. It didn’t matter if the LoS was interrupted by a pole, because the hack would continue as soon if the enemy was back in Sombra’s LoS.

However, this leniency had to be removed because it caused inconsistency with other heroes. Heroes with invulnerability abilities and shields got hacked even if Sombra’s LoS was broken. The developers did day that they would inprove Sombra’s LoS so it wouldn’t get interrupted by objects, and I’m certain they did, but it still can easily be interrupted by objects and thus making it very unreliable.

How can they fix this without bringing back the leniency?

Well what about a second LoS? One on the left of Sombra and one on the right of Sombra. As long if both LoS isn’t broken, then her hack will continue. If one of the two LoS’s is broken by a object or pole, will the hack continue as well. Only if both LoS’s are broken (by a shield, wall or invulnerability ability) will the hack be interrupted.

(O, and please remove the 2s. Cool down on a failed hack. That was just overkill.)

2 Likes

Anyone?

I would love to read some feedback from other players. Especially from Sombra mains.

1 Like

I like this. This is a great idea. It sure would open some new windows for abusing the system (tho none would come to my mind rn lol) but overall, great concept.

Sadly, nobody answers you here, but hey, take a reply and a heart from me fam :3

1 Like

I think it has a second LoS check in it. It seems like the same second check they use for Hog’s hook. Where it breaks on nothing. Actually it’s not really a second check, it’s more a constant check over time to see if it’s still LoS. But somewhere along the way is decides you’re not even if you’re looking at them.