Worst hero lore wise

What hero is so poorly written that they just feel fake? It’s definetely Tracer for me. She’s so impulsive and mindless it’s just terrifying. I can’t understand what she represents, heroism? She decided not to save Mondatta. Her lines are barely expressing her personality (except cringe jokes and sarcasm), except her own physical state, she’s so fast that she overlooks literally everything and she’s cocky because she’s faster than others.

Also her fake british accent…

We need Hawaiian bob skin
~decomposing

16 Likes

Pharah

Her lore is literally: She’s in the military and Ana is her mom.

86 Likes

I gotta agree, kinda.
But for me?

Baptist’s is bland as all get out, and echo is even more bland, but with glaring plot holes.

She has no personality except being “adaptive”
And she was created to help humanity by a doctor trying to make up for the fact that she made killer robots before…
By making another killer robot. WHAT?
Like “oh yeah, I know making robots with weapons backfired before, but this one is a hyperintelligent learning machine with a cloning module, arm cannons, sticky bombs, a death beam and air superiority. Surely this time it’ll work out because this one has better weapons”
Sure. Great plan.

Where did you get your doctorate, Mina Liao???

Come to think of it, orisa kinda has the same issue.
Sure, efi’s a genius, and wanted to stop doomfist, but doomfist can walk through shields, and you have orisa one anyway. ???

24 Likes

All of them feel fake except for Bastion. He’s the only hero that felt like a real person and had some actual humanity in him. The rest of them just feel like robots.

26 Likes

purely lore wise i find her to be a survivor who wants to live a good life her life, someone who got saved by winston and is grateful for it, i think soldier ana winston Rein even mei represent overwatch more than tracer, she is sort of like this cool efficient person helps out overwatch in the process, she is also on the good side but not someone who is going to lay her life out in the process for a cause like say a soldier or rein would. she is more likely to do it for winston or emily than for overwatch.

She is certainly annoying xd.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure she did try to save mondatta…

33 Likes

Well, she coulda taken a bullet to the chronal accelerator to stop Mondatta from being shot in the head, but didn’t.
(Im assuming if you have the reaction time to see a bullet being fired and also to avoid it, you’re fast enough to know that mondatta’s RIGHT behind you and to think fast. ALL in theory, though.)

2 Likes

I don’t think Tracer would have reacted the way she did if she’d known Mondatta was Widow’s actual target. It’s not like Mondatta was directly behind Tracer, he was down at street level. Widow just completely outfoxed her.

26 Likes

So she must’ve turned around in midair to realize that mondatta was behind her and also react to a bullet?

15 Likes

That’s true. But She can also travel through time every 3-15 seconds so it’s a solid maybe on whether or not she could have done it.
I’m not sure if she used recall, but in theory she could have failed, recalled, and taken a bullet to the armored chest, rather than a bullet to mondatta’s exposed head.

1 Like

Ashe.

Literally any other game can have a generic cowgirl but unlike McCree, there is nothing justifying why she should be in the lore besides they both wanting the crate Echo was stored in.

24 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but recall doesnt change the world around her. It only changes her position and her current state of health meaning it’s not possible to go back before mondatta died.

5 Likes

Excuse you, she’s clearly just a vessel for which b.o.b can appear

15 Likes

Tracer would want to save mondatta but not by taking a bullet for him its not in her character, even in ow2 trailer, she knows winston is going to be beaten by the robot if he goes alone and is still willing to leave him and take mei away, she is a lot more pragmatic than some other heros.

5 Likes

I mean, D.vas lore is so unrealistic it feels fake. South Korea needs mech pilots? Sure, let’s choose professional gamers and not people who actually have military experience!

30 Likes

Well idk about all that in terms of lore, but in “alive” she can blink upwards, so the accuracy to which a hero’s power is represented is rather limited between mediums.
And as in doctor who, “wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff”

2 Likes

Moira. A character with a single trait of being as evil and disgusting as possible. Spoiled rich cowgirl Ashe takes the second place.

3 Likes

That is true however in the same animated short widowmaker remains in her same position when tracer recalls leading me to believe that recall does not impact anything or anyone but tracer herself.

3 Likes

Not to mention players of Starcraft, a game without the aim necessary to shoot an actual gun.
No gamer has that innately, actually.

Also the gyro-air harness training pilots have to have? Back to square one.

Could be a ploy to keep the Mekka operation funded because dva And others stream it, though.

3 Likes

Mmmmmmm
True.
The only argument I have left is telling mondatta to evacuate immediately with no regards to a scene, but I have no clue as to what her intentions were in that regard.

1 Like