Workshop Keybinding

It would be great if there were more choices of keys to bind actions to in the workshop.

When I want to add button held events on players I can’t seem to not take up another action like primary or secondary fire etc. I don’t want to make other actions impossible just to use more than one workshop interaction rule.

Would love to be able to find things to for instance the R key or sth else on the keyboard. Considering we have a lot of keys to use I’m confused as to why we’re not given an option to put a custom key into the conditions.

If I’ve missed something, do let me know. I have only just started trying to figure the workshop out.

Edit: Missed a word.

1 Like

The reason why we can’t choose keys directly is because of support for people who play on console.

But still, there are needed inputs that are missing, like Reload and Melee.

And we need to be able to check raw movement input. Currently we can check “throttle of” which gives us horizontal and vertical movement input of the player, but rooted status sets throttle to 0,0,0 and “throttle of” is also affected by certain abilities, like when D.VA uses her boosters, her vertical throttle is stuck at 1.

2 Likes

I still think anything bindable should be usable.

I’d also like the same in reverse - Press Button (melee) is a big one, but also Communicate (random voiceline) and communicate (spray) would be great

Yes please, I think raw movement input alone could open up a new age of Workshop… maybe.

1 Like

Raw input in general would be great. I don’t think the option to put a custom set of keys in is necessarily going to make it difficult for console players as they don’t have to use it.

Custom/other key could just be another one of the choices that lead to another number of choices. Or it could be a different category altogether.

1 Like

it’s not just about creating the modes, but also playing them. Things we make using the PC version of overwatch has to be playable on the console version as well, so if we use custom keys, console users won’t be able to press them.

what i meant with raw movement input earlier was “horizontal” & “vertical” movement input variables (which on PC are controlled by WASD and console by the left stick), since what we have access to right now gets adjusted by abilities and status effects :<

Sorry for some reason I thought console gamers couldn’t join games with pc gamers my bad. That makes perfect sense.

oh i dont think PC and console users can play together, but i’m pretty sure console users can import shared codes made on PC, which with custom keys would be unusable

1 Like

I mean you can always make modes for a sole type of unit as well but I can see how that may get confusing and would create a lot more tickets to work through for blizzard, haha.

1 Like